Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 148
Posts: 148   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28737 times and has 147 replies Next Thread
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Final Batches of DDD-T Phase 1 have been loaded.

If I remember correctly, the 'worst case scenario', is that each of your machines will only be able to download and crunch 1 WU/day, gradually building up until the restriction is removed.

No, the restriction is per device. This feature is not intended to punish a member but to protect the server against a device which would start returning all WUs in error.

As it was said make sure you keep some WUs running to ensure your quota will start to be restored without waiting for the next day (UTC).
Jean.
----------------------------------------
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Jul 28, 2009 12:54:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Do you run 100% CPU?

My rigs are dedicated crunchers.

Im almost there, 1yr 340 d at the moment....next stat update shud be 360. Then evening stat update shud be way over 1 yr.
Badge hunters wait for tmr 9pm EDT. I'll be releasing my extra WU.

If I remember correctly, the 'worst case scenario', is that each of your machines will only be able to download and crunch 1 WU/day, gradually building up until the restriction is removed.

No, the restriction is per device. This feature is not intended to punish a member but to protect the server against a device which would start returning all WUs in error.

As it was said make sure you keep some WUs running to ensure your quota will start to be restored without waiting for the next day (UTC).
Jean.

If I remember correctly, 1 error sent to the server is -1 to your daily quota, 1 good is +2 but it won't exceed your maximum quota.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by X-Files 27 at Jul 28, 2009 3:03:46 AM]
[Jul 28, 2009 1:54:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adrianxw
Senior Cruncher
Denmark
Project Badges:

Just make sure you load your cache with enough wu's for other projects to cover the period. As you crunch and return them, the "damage" done to your machines "reputation" is cleared without the need to download new. That is what I did and have not had a problem.

<edit>

I think you need 15 wu's returned to undo whatever it has done.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by adrianxw at Jul 28, 2009 10:18:51 AM]
[Jul 28, 2009 6:35:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bayanne
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Looks like I'll be stuck on 356 days, just short of emerald. Ah well ....
[Jul 28, 2009 7:53:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gordoma
Veteran Cruncher
Windsor, UK
Project Badges:

Hi All

Against my better judgement and principles on this matter I aborted all outstanding DDDT WUs yesterday... about 70 of them. I was nowhere near my emerald so I thought I would give some other people a chance who are closer to their next badge.

Aborting WUs to clear one's cache so that they can concentrate on a new project is not a good thing in my mind - I can't pontificate on this matter as it's something that I had done before, but don't believe in doing now. However, I agree with the similar sentiments here that aborting WUs on a closing project to give someone else a chance to get their badges is fine as they will most likely be completed quicker than when sitting in my queue for days and the only damage therefore (as I understand it) will be to the reputation of my devices - As I've shortened by queue size and have managed to download sufficient WUs to keep me going, this doesn't seem to be an issue.

I hope that this helps some people who are just short of their personal target.

Happy Crunching!

[Jul 28, 2009 8:19:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Los Alcoholicos.scorpionv
Cruncher
Project Badges:
smile Re: Final Batches of DDD-T Phase 1 have been loaded.

I will abort some DDDT units too, I've got the blue in the pocket smile

It could be up to 20 days work, so catch 'm while you can...
[Jul 28, 2009 8:29:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

If I remember correctly, 1 error sent to the server is -1 to your daily quota, 1 good is +2 but it won't exceed your maximum quota.

It's -1 for each error-result reported, or for each result not reported by deadline.

For increasing quota on the other hand it's x2, meaning it will very fast be back to normal. Some users thinks it's too fast increasing, since even with quota 1, after 7 "success" you're back to 128, and most projects has less max quota than this.

A weakness in the quota-system is that validation-errors isn't counted against the quota, meaning even a computer has a permanent error, as long as all results is reported as "success", the computer will continue returning nothing but errors.

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Jul 28, 2009 11:24:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Steve WCG
Senior Cruncher

And now it is time for me to be patient ... 364:15
I have to wait for wingmen and a goofy single issued WU still "pending" after 2 days. One WU from a machine that has never had an inconclusive ... yup it's last DDDT was labelled as such so need to take this as a lesson in patience ... I'm such a damn poor student biggrin

{edit} after another webstats update I am still short by a couple of hours: 0:364:20:33:31, guess I will have to wait until tonight's update.{/edit}
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Steve WCG at Jul 28, 2009 1:21:56 PM]
[Jul 28, 2009 11:57:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Finally the blue badge. Remaining WU has been aborted for others to crunched.

[Jul 29, 2009 3:34:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I aborted about 90 days worth of WU's after reaching 2 yrs 6 days. I carefully loaded in CEP on the tail end so I had the next project loading in WU's after I aborted the DDT ones. I think I only needed to set 8 days instead of 10 on the 5 quads to make my numbers.

k.t.
[Jul 30, 2009 7:16:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 148   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread