Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 535 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
leryis
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Comparisons between member stats

When selecting stats by members it is desirable to see those who are at the same level as the selector. However this is not possible in the current web setup, it is frozen at a the top 5000.

The selection is 'by members, not by 'top 5000' members; why does it have to stop at that point? It may be vanity but I'd like to see where I stand in the pool, and I am NOT in the top 5000, and it is certain that I'll never catch up. A ranking of just over 200,000 makes me several million short on points to be in the top 5000. I can't tell what point count will take me to under a rank of 200,000.

Can we at least get a selectable range, or a quick dump of those that are near me? or some method to see where I stand. Maybe I am just being vane.

confused

[Jun 12, 2010 1:38:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Comparisons between member stats

well the answer is yes and no...

they have the first 5000 members setup as it is... BUT

if you go to boincstats you can actually look up your profile and then click on the WCG project and from there compare yourself to others..

OR... you can go to multiple member comparison if you have a few friends you are competing with
----------------------------------------

[Jun 12, 2010 2:16:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Wow, 56960 spots gained last month and 2001 just last week.

http://boincstats.com/stats/user_stats.php?pr=wcg&st=149000#149021

No, WCG has not developed the website stats since it started up 5.6 years ago, instead has been leaning on 3rd party stats keepers where you can sort them rankings in many ways. They only show BOINC client earned credits (times 7 gives points), so there is a discrepancy with WCG rankings, which one day will get sorted... when WCG actually does the old UD agent conversion... well I've used this metaphor before, after the next Earth Precession completes, which is expected to be well into the next glacial age ;>)
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jun 12, 2010 2:28:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

I can't tell what point count will take me to under a rank of 200,000.
Currently rank 200,000 has between 65,669 (#200,017) and 65,781 points (#199,851).

Fortunately team lists are not limited** so I used my team's list to find members close to the rank you are currently trying to achieve. smile

Happy crunching and good luck. Jean.

Edit: ** Even if it were limited these two teammates are in the top 5,000 of our team. smile
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JmBoullier at Jun 12, 2010 3:36:14 PM]
[Jun 12, 2010 3:30:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leryis
Cruncher
Project Badges:

well I'll just not fuss over it. thanks for the info
[Jun 13, 2010 12:15:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leryis
Cruncher
Project Badges:
confused Re: Comparisons between member stats

I noted this comment in this post, "Even if it were limited these two teammates are in the top 5,000 of our team." and was wondering what it refered to thinking
[Jun 24, 2010 10:49:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

I noted this comment in this post, "Even if it were limited these two teammates are in the top 5,000 of our team." and was wondering what it refered to thinking

I suppose he meant that these two teammates are in the top 5000 of the Decrypthon team.

[Jun 25, 2010 8:21:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

After explaining you that you could use our team's list for finding references without being limited by the 5,000 limit I noticed that the references you were looking for were just before the 5,000 rank anyway, so even if the team lists were limited too you could have used it anyway.

By the way I see that you are much below the 200,000 rank now, good progression! smile
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Jun 28, 2010 9:11:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leryis
Cruncher
Project Badges:

By the way I see that you are much below the 200,000 rank now
My new target is 100,000 points, and then a run time rank under 200,000.
I finally got a darn badge, biggrin a 14 day badge that took more than 60 days to earn sad .
Now I am looking use several MB with XP min all mounted as blades for a compute engine to just crank up the results.
alien 2
[Edit 2 times, last edit by leryis at Jun 29, 2010 6:51:14 AM]
[Jun 29, 2010 3:19:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread