Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 767
Posts: 767   Pages: 77   [ Previous Page | 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 91539 times and has 766 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Computing for Clean Water Badge Recognition Thread

Made it to gold this last stats update! My silver in DDDT2 is stuck at 86 days for now but on the plus side I took the plunge and installed linux on a quad to start working for CEP2 shock biggrin
[Sep 6, 2010 11:20:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

Ruby! smile
With 140 cpu days to go to reach Emerald.
To speed up things I have some "selected" machines running fully on C4CW. It is strange but every machine behaves differently even if identically rigged. Some machines perform error free with C4CW and thus I switch them fully on it. Other fail miserably and generated a flow of errors and then I set them on HFCC to get to the 10 year target.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 6, 2010 1:16:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Think these are very integer intense same as HCC. Interesting is that the target01 on my duo ran 3:06-3:23 hours and the target02 round about clock work 5:55-5:59, not quite double the time and to add, on average get 15-20 percent bonus on claim when ZR. Figure that, W7-32 bit. On Linux 64 they run just over half the time of that. Target01 about 1:25-1:26. Has not had any target02 in the mix, but 3 hours is what it probably will be.

On Topic, exactly half way to Silver. Planning for a 6th gold before moving any other badges up to their next respective level. Have 5 that could be hit when each put on exclusive before within a month. Might want to do a triple or quadruple on one day by putting each within hours of an upgrade and than run all sciences in 1 day to switch them up... just because I can. Last time was near 4 on 1 day but it turned out that validations were not coming in time, so next, going to manually select tasks from the queue that show with a wingman on the RS page. Yes certifiable, in that silly
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 6, 2010 1:49:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

joneill003 I am very interested to hear about your linux experience but on another thread if you like. I am still hesitating to have a linux rig as I am a complete ignorant with that OS, and afraid to loose to much time to make it work.
But CEP2 runs only on Linux and I am afraid the Window version may never come or much too late.

[Sep 6, 2010 2:19:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

sad I had a hard drive failure on my last old Q6600 last night. sad It has a bunch of clean water wu's on it that will not be marked as too late until the 14th. I'm not going to rebuild the machine.
Cheers all. coffee
cowboy

[Sep 6, 2010 4:18:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

What? We have a Clean Water project? thinking

Gimme a few minutes.... wink

Yeah! Gold, baby!

devilish

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Sep 6, 2010 4:37:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

sad I had a hard drive failure on my last old Q6600 last night. sad It has a bunch of clean water wu's on it that will not be marked as too late until the 14th. I'm not going to rebuild the machine.
Cheers all. coffee
cowboy

Send me the CPU biggrin

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 6, 2010 5:28:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Cheers all. coffee
cowboy

Send me the CPU biggrin

laughing biggrin Actually I have 6 Q6600's (and I don't know how many P4's) in the the parts closet now. Along with assorted MoBo's , memory, PSU's, heat sinks, KVM and cases. I should clean house and list some of this stuff on Craig's List. money eyes

Sorry Falconet, you are too far away. wink

peace

[Sep 6, 2010 5:41:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mclaver
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

joneill003 I am very interested to hear about your linux experience but on another thread if you like. I am still hesitating to have a linux rig as I am a complete ignorant with that OS, and afraid to loose to much time to make it work.
But CEP2 runs only on Linux and I am afraid the Window version may never come or much too late.

I know nothing about linux, but I now have 5 machines running Ubuntu, all dedicated to CEP2 right now.

I do not use the machines for anything other than WCG, and had not problems loading Ubuntu and then Boinc.

[Sep 6, 2010 6:03:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

An easy way to try the Linux experience is to use this flavor of Linux. Its has BOINC as part of the install. All you need to do is download the ISO, burn it to disc and then boot from the disc. You can chose to run it from the Live CD without installing it. If you like it you can install it, if not just reboot without the disc, no harm done. I have this flavor of Linux running as dedicated crunchers and they're pretty much set and forget. Just make sure you have the minimum requirements for ram and HDD space to run CEP2.
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Sep 6, 2010 7:41:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 767   Pages: 77   [ Previous Page | 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread