Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4234 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Computation results

Hello, everyone.
At Subject proposal page it's said that:
World Community Grid supports research that is:
Contributed to the public domain;

So where we can find results of Phase 1 and future phases?

//Sorry if question was answered before.
[Jun 30, 2011 4:44:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Computation results

Hello SergeyYurkov,
So where we can find results of Phase 1 and future phases?

I don't know. Perhaps a project scientist will answer. But I do know that it often takes several years to get the results publicly available. I know of one project where WCG / IBM had to offer a lot of aid (and hand-holding) to help the project scientists do this. It is a lot easier to just send the data to a research scientist who asks for it. In the case of CEP1, I doubt that there is much point yet. If you read the description of the project, you will see that we are trying to develop the information about different compounds that is needed to decide how useful that compound might be for energy generation and collection. Unfortunately, there is no one program that creates all that information. Therefore, we are running a list of compounds through 2 programs. Once CEP2 is completed, then it will be possible to create a database that lists both CEP1 and CEP2 results for a compound.

Once that database is created, the project scientists will be able to do what they really want to do - - work on that database with other programs. So we are helping them with their first step. Yes, they have agreed to make that database publicly available. But you will have to get a project scientist to describe just how they intend to do this. My personal guess is that they are not bothering to do this for just CEP1 but I could be utterly wrong.

biggrin It wouldn't be the first time.
Lawrence
[Jul 1, 2011 1:04:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Computation results

Hi SergeyYurkov,
we have just posted a teaser on the research log - the publication will hopefully follow soon.
Best wishes
Your Harvard CEP team
[Jul 6, 2011 3:36:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread