Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 445 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CEP2: Is there a Windows supply problem? [RESOLVED]

Noticed since a few days that in a mixed science set-up, no CEP2 is coming through. Tuesday morning my duo, with a 1 day cache, did not have at least 1 waiting, so manually forced for 2 to come down by temporarily making CEP2 exclusive, and they come instantly. This morning same thing, though the profile is set to have 3, none waiting to be processed, only clean water.

Opposed, no trouble at all under Linux. The quad is set to have 9 and there are 9 on a cache pref of 1 day, nicely mixing in with the other science selection so that on average 2-3 CEP2 process concurrently.

Anyone else experiencing this on Windows? Mind you, total CEP2 production is normal. Maybe the demand versus what's put in the hoppers has grown... tomorrow is Thursday, for the weekly weighting tweak, but AFAIC, that scheduled effort may be one-off moved to today :D

--//--

edit: see post at end. The disk had no 2GB space left at time of work-fetch. I'll blame it on too much sun biggrin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 17, 2011 11:20:52 AM]
[Aug 17, 2011 8:11:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:
Re: CEP2: Is there a Windows supply problem?

Just after picking up one CEP2 task on a Win-x64 system with default (1 CEP2 task only) configured. 10am here (UK).
I have the option " If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project." Unselected.
0.75 days cache on that rig and just running HCC, HFCC, HPF2 and one CEP2 at a time.
-
1 on each of 3 other systems configured similarly (2 xp-x86, 1 Ubuntu-x64).
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skgiven at Aug 17, 2011 9:51:21 AM]
[Aug 17, 2011 9:24:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: CEP2: Is there a Windows supply problem? [RESOLVED]

Mystery solved:

17-08-2011 12:48 The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 needs 305.95MB more disk space. You currently have 1742.05 MB available and it needs 2048.00 MB.

It pays to look is the message log, meself too blushing

The Ubuntu images parked on the BOINC drive had been building up. A new one arrived as soon as 1 was burned to CD and deleted from disk. Not having any left to process in queue was enough to tip the space in favor of getting the new WU's... that was then when 1 days of Clean Water had taken up the full cache.

Apologies for the falls alarm.

--//--
[Aug 17, 2011 11:19:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread