Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 45
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2779 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: No CEP2 work units?

Yay! applause
Thanks to Marist College - hope you guys stay with us for a while biggrin.
[Sep 12, 2011 4:50:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marist_college
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

We will. It appears that we're churning out ~2.2 years for CEP2 each day. It's hard to gauge right now as our proxied labs are running normally again (due to the IP exemptions), so our stats should normalize over the next few days.

After we run CEP2 for bit and everything appears ok (which it does right now), I may increase the # of WUs (right now we're on 2), which should further help you guys.

When things die down a bit here (crazy right now from the influx of students and faculty), I'll reach out about writing up our success on a mass deployment of WCG/BOINC on Win & Mac clients, both fac/staff and lab/classroom (frozen, using Faronics DFE).

Thanks to everyone who helped us out with both the CEP2 WU and IP/proxy issues.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 12, 2011 5:03:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:

Perhaps you could group like computers into device profiles, and allocate CEP2 task numbers more specifically, to different device types (CPU core/thread count).
For example,
When not chasing a specific project, I have up to 5 CEP2 tasks on i7 systems (8threads), up to 3 on quads, and just the default 1 on dual cores (though I have never had any issues with 2 on a dual core). While my concerns are different from yours, using profiles might still help.
GL
[Sep 12, 2011 5:33:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

We will. It appears that we're churning out ~2.2 years for CEP2 each day. It's hard to gauge right now as our proxied labs are running normally again (due to the IP exemptions), so our stats should normalize over the next few days.

WoW! 2.2 years/day on CEP2 only and nearly 9 years in a day yesterday. applause
Many, many thanks for your continued dedication to WCG and don't bother some of the useless posts in this thread.
You are an example that I hope other institutions will follow. smile
----------------------------------------

[Sep 12, 2011 9:25:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Nice to see the contributions of Marist College.

I get newsletters from other universities (notably from the all-powerful B-schools within them) which would lead you to believe that the role of the individual - be it an individual entity such as an educational institution, a corporation, or a nation all the way down to the individual human - is to win a particularly malicious version of the game "King of the Hill" wherein all others are competitors, competitors are enemies, and "victory" is defined as ensuring that the bodies of your "enemies" litter the approaches to the mountaintop where you stand alone.

So it is refreshing to see an entity that is willing to contribute so much towards pulling all of humanity up the endless hill of our common journey.

(lolll..very refreshing for somebody who spends altogether too much time in shocked consternation over the depths that humans can sink to.)
[Sep 13, 2011 3:59:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread