Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 746 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Need clarification on server abort

Thanks for your time, skgiven and SekeRob. I didn't intend to come across as OCD...just most of my life has been spent dealing with anomalies; I prefer to know whether they're inconsequential, a problem, or a marker of a paradigm shift.

This query appears to fall into the inconsequential category (or in the more poetic phrase "Much ado about nothing.")
[Sep 19, 2011 11:37:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Need clarification on server abort

In theory, future Boinc versions might allow for more contact/control from the servers to Boinc Clients. Not sure if it will ever be implemented at WCG, due to the size (number of crunchers and projects), especially if CEP2 moves to single quorum.

CEP2 should offer a 5 year badge
Undoubtedly that would work for about 500 crunchers straight away, and perhaps a couple of thousand before the close of the project. Unfortunately some people can find negativity in any positive move, enough to scupper a good plan.
Anyway, I have a DIY 2.8M points badge tongue

I know I'm getting way OT here, but it appears the issue has been addressed.

I'd love to see those higher badges come into existence. After all, many people are reaching 25+ years per science now. I'd also like to see the one result badge happen, but as you said, there are many very negative people out there.
----------------------------------------

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Sep 20, 2011 2:01:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread