Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 480 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strange error "All pipe instances are busy"

Hi all --

I got this error today, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned before:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Result Name: E203683_ 279_ A.29.C23H14N4S2.1011.4.set1d06_ 1--
<core_client_version>6.10.58</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
All pipe instances are busy. (0xe7) - exit code 231 (0xe7)
</message>
<stderr_txt>
INFO: No state to restore. Start from the beginning.
Error could not extract qcaux.
00:06:35 (10704): called boinc_finish

</stderr_txt>
]]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to be a one time problems, as subsequent CEP WUs are finishing as "valid". To me, looks like it couldn't connect to something because some programming was missing?

My wingman and the replacement WU are still "In Progress".

Just curious -- confused confused confused
[Nov 4, 2011 3:39:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Strange error "All pipe instances are busy"

Well, enjoy reading the possibility that it originates in Seattle: http://www.pc-library.com/errors/error-code/231-0xE7/

edit: general remedy is to exclude the BOINC data directory (printed at start of BOINC message log) from scanning by any AV/Malware detection software. It's save because BOINC data area is sand-boxed through a limited rights account, at least yet to hear of any malware/av making it's way there. Only BOINC should write files there coming off WCG and they heavily scan and audit, to include any new science app by project owners (the scientists).

--//--
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 4, 2011 4:00:57 AM]
[Nov 4, 2011 3:55:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Strange error "All pipe instances are busy"

Thanks for the quick reply Sek.

Looks like you might have hit the nail on the head. Hope this is just a fluke though, because this is the first occurrence of this since I got this PC in April, and I've been running 24/7 most of the time.

Well, it's 11 PM and I need to get up at 4 AM to go to work, so nitey-nite --

lp
[Nov 4, 2011 4:54:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread