Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 879 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Steve1979
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: No CEP workunits on one of my PCs

I have had the same problem on my i7 so I have been following this thread avidly.

I have now finally go my machine to download a Clean Energy workunit, so I thought if I ran through what I did it may help.

I run my machines from the local preferences, rather than the website as I also run rosetta@home, so this is where I looked first. My disk usage was set to 'use at most 1.0GB' so I changed this to '50.0GB'. This made no difference.

Secondly I went to the my projects page, unticked CEP, saved it, re-ticked it, then saved it again. Once again this had no effect.

Thirdly I checked my profile, which was set to 'minimum impact' I changed it to 'custom profile' and changed all the settings to match my local profile.

This third action seemed to do the trick biggrin I don't know if having it on the 'minimum impact' and then just using the local settings caused the glitch, but changing it to run from the webite settings worked.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Steve.
----------------------------------------

[Dec 19, 2011 4:45:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: No CEP2 workunits on one of my PCs

It's most weird that "Minimum impact" would stop receiving CEP2 as the client / server interaction is based in your case on local override preferences. If this would be the case, then there is a bug and or, the techs did configure a the profile client association not to receive CEP2 as that has impact, to include that it would barely make progress and with LAIM off, would hardly get past 1st checkpoint unless the PC is left idle. At least, thanks for sharing... who knows it works for another hair pulling member :D.

Obviously, presume that after you increased disk from 1 to 50 GB, 2GB free and available the minimum requirement,
The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 1,024 MB 2,048 MB Windows1, Mac, Linux3,4

you hit Update in the project tab to test if CEP2 work would come down.

--//--

P.S. Someone needs to edit the thread title and put a 2 after CEP like I did to this post. Who knows, some may have been ticking the wrong project box ;P
[Dec 19, 2011 5:02:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

katoda, some time there are things that happen and where finding the cause is uneconomical in terms of time and money.
I understand you want to crunch CEP2. Fine. If it works when you download two units, then do it. With eleven devices you probably can dedicate at least one machine with the right configuration. I can gauarantee you the CEP2 guys will be very happy as their projects is a little behind in terms of crunching power. biggrin

[Dec 19, 2011 5:11:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher

One thing that comes to my mind is setting your preferences to two units overrides the network speed restriction. The reported network speed for a given computer often has no relation to actual speeds. I'd focus your troubleshooting in this area or just set the profile to two units and leave it at that.

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Dec 20, 2011 1:41:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread