Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3144 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Indicate which validated WU have been credited

What it meant was, if a result validates, an old one for instance and is then quickly removed because the scientists like to have the completed batches, or WCG needs the space and keep the DB trim for best performance, then you wont be seeing any mark. The result will be gone before you looked in. **

Anyway after ample thought, tick marks wont work as they require additional DB access to remove them when the new day starts. Color codes wont work because it requires the same and we do have members that are daltonic, so if at all it will have to be a permanent [short] time/date stamp with a sort option up top, so you'd see when they got validated. That then would even next day allow you to make out what made up the total, provided the results have not already migrated.

--//--

edit: ** WCG does not need to retain what made up the total for the day as the BOINC credits are "live" updated and show a new cumulative in your client every time BOINC connects to the servers. Results for the day is current cumulative minus previous day total.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 19, 2011 2:05:06 PM]
[Dec 19, 2011 2:01:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Thanks SekeRob for your comments. Question: how long does a validated WU stick around in the Results Status page after being credited to the crunchers statistics? Immediately removed? 1 day? More?

Thanks,
CJSL
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Dec 19, 2011 6:33:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Plz refer to my earlier post in reply to the suggestion to retain results ~84 hours. There's no rule in effect anymore it appears and if there is, the techs would need to comment [and I'll update the FAQ with the new guideline]. Complete batches are migrated rather quick and as noted missed 3 on 5400 to see them in final validation state [invalid/valid/error] This with a 12 hour update interval. Think we'll survive missing 1 in 1800 tasks... then your credit will be a little higher for that day :D

--//--
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 19, 2011 6:46:12 PM]
[Dec 19, 2011 6:44:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Sekerob... if the retention period for validated WUs is not 2-4 of days and is changed to say 12 hr (one 12 hr cycle) then this suggestion would be invalid. If that were the case, then any WU in Valid status would be credited in the next 12 hr cycle and there would be no need know if a WU had been credited or not. This approach has various advantages, but I think it would make your calculating the charts more difficult sad .
If you get an official statement about how long WUs in Valid status are kept on the Results Status page, please let us know.
.. and thanks a ton for all your effort in explaining everything and for the charts too.

CJSL
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Dec 21, 2011 1:22:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:
confused Re: Indicate which validated WU have been credited

I hope this post is OK in this thread?

Would it be possible to add a calculation field to the results in Pending Validation page so we can work out how much more work we need to process to get our next badge? Another way to do this may be done. Would it be possible to change the way the current Total Run Time is worked out. Each time a participants Total Run Time is updated count the work in Pending Validation list? I added 5 pages of run time together to work out I had roughly 10.59 days of work.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Speedy51 at Dec 27, 2011 6:38:15 AM]
[Dec 27, 2011 6:33:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread