Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1195 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP for one Device

Custom profiles are worthless. In the case of "home" it saves settings but "work " profile each time turns back to default settings.
WCG does not save changes in settings!

First - CEP was made without thinking
Second - WCG profiles are pain in the...,..

By the way setting profiles is also pain in the... because of old devices that can't be removed.

I have used all the profiles, each set with a different set of projects and they all worked perfectly. I have 21 machines and many times grouped them with various profiles. It all worked very well.
I can assure you that when I save the new profile assigned to a given machine immediately the WU's that are downloaded do reflect the corresponding settings.
There must be another problem that causes you this issue.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hypernova at Jan 22, 2012 6:47:27 PM]
[Jan 22, 2012 6:46:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP for one Device

Hi,

I have also experienced issues where my "work" profile wouldn't save my changes. As SekeRob said, it must've been a bug, because here's what I found it helps (don't ask me why): delete the profile altogether, then recreate it with your desired settings. I think you will find that works...

Hope you will find this information useful.

Cheers!
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Jan 23, 2012 11:22:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread