Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 804 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
I_Love_Israel
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Want to know my rank among CEP Users

There is way to see what is my rank among the rest of the CEP crunchers ?
if not, please make it available :-)

B.
[Jan 24, 2012 7:33:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Want to know my rank among CEP2 Users

Such a list could be facilitated if WCG were to make the user details public [e.g. through a daily statistics - per sciences - export] as has been requested by third party BOINC statistics compilers. See http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost_post,360357.

--//--
[Jan 24, 2012 8:51:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Want to know my rank among CEP Users

B.
Me, I went to the last page of this list and realized my average run time per calendar day didn't even make the list...so I figured I was probably too far away from the top to generate any excitement over it particularly as the only WCG project I run is CEP2.

Besides, I'm mostly doing it because the pain the world has suffered, is suffering, and will suffer because of carbon dependency demands it.
[Jan 24, 2012 9:48:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RaymondFO
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Such a list could be facilitated if WCG were to make the user details public [e.g. through a daily statistics - per sciences - export] as has been requested by third party BOINC statistics compilers. See http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost_post,360357.

--//--

If WCG ever decides to publicly disclose this granular information, I hope they have an opt-out policy otherwise I am gone. Without IBM backing and knowing their security and privacy policies I never would have started crunching any WCG projects.
[Jan 24, 2012 10:13:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Sharing your concern, if ever, it would be an opt-in, which would make such a ranking list rather gappy.

--//--
[Jan 24, 2012 10:21:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I doubt IBM would be all that thrilled about making that information public. You're talking a non-profit, all-volunteer effort to make the world a better place - and when you're talking about those "third-party statistics compilers", judging by the presence of advertising on such sites you're really talking about somebody attempting to monetize the efforts of both IBM and this magnificent group of global volunteers. While it might lead to increased participation because of a heavier web "footprint", it runs counter to the underlying principles the entire system was founded upon.

I add the caveat, of course, that I am never surprised by what people will do any more if there is even the slightest whiff of profit to it.
[Jan 25, 2012 3:15:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noderaser
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: Want to know my rank among CEP Users

If you are referring to your stats for just the CEP project, then no--WCG does not publish detailed stats for the subprojects. However, stats are available for the grid overall, both here on their own website and on third-party sites that compare it to other BOINC projects, such as BOINCstats.
----------------------------------------
[Jan 28, 2012 4:32:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread