Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1438 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP2 upload cut in half, worried?

Cut my CPU times approximately in half...made for a nice spike in results returned, too:
I thought the electric company accidentally delivered me some super slippery electrons.
[Feb 5, 2012 5:25:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

SekeRob has got another great chart that shows the sudden drop-off in WU times (the light green plot) across all WCG crunchers.
[Feb 5, 2012 5:47:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Speedy51,

I'm averaging 115-130 right now which is about an hour less than usual for my quickest machine.

Thanks for that. Yesterday i returned E205715_ 429_ C.20.C15H9N3OSe.01094232.3.set1d06_ 0-- in 3.89 hours. # of jobs completed 15
----------------------------------------

[Feb 6, 2012 3:15:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The negative of such acute downswings in run times [it has almost bottomed out at a mean of about 4.75 hours] is, that many have their caches tuned to have X tasks on the machine so there wont be too many CEP2 running concurrently, the rest being filled by other sciences. Now for instance a 1 day cache with 4 allowed has a greater gap between the next fetched CEP2 being started... impact, a drop of about 3 CPU years per day. To sum it up: Folks, please jack up the allowed numbers till the run times start increasing again or reduce your caches if focusing on CEP2 but having limits on how many your device(s) can run concurrently.

--//--
[Feb 6, 2012 1:25:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Last night ran a set and one of them got a _4 36MB result file at 11 hours CPU time [the only one caught whilst in upload state]. Mean run times rose to 5.5 hours now for the science, up from 4.8 hours middle of last week... they're starting to grow again.

--//--
[Feb 12, 2012 11:53:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
astroWX
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update. It removes one concern from my "worry list."
[Feb 13, 2012 8:10:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi everybody
we mentioned this in another thread already but just to make sure that no one is left in the dark: We have submitted a bunch of smaller molecules to the feeder a while ago and these will run quite quickly. There are about 2-3 million of these smaller motifs in the queue until we reach previous levels. The size will gradually increase as it has done before. Hope this explains the recent behavior - no need to worry at all!
Best wishes
Your Harvard CEP team
[Feb 22, 2012 5:04:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread