Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 88
Posts: 88   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 412936 times and has 87 replies Next Thread
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Lead time for GPU beta

So? If I understand Kevin's post, I have to run HCC non-Beta CPU wu's in order to get GPU beta wu's?

It changes the dynamic of trying to snag Beta WUs. Perhaps there will be more diversity of GPUs this way.
----------------------------------------

[Mar 13, 2012 3:38:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I want one!!!!

I need to feed my 570, it's hungry for WCG WUs.

Even though learning about GPUGRID has been interesting.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 13, 2012 3:40:12 PM]
[Mar 13, 2012 3:39:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Crystal Pellet
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

With all settings right, I don't get any GPU work only CPU HCC.

Problem is that my machines don't ask GPU work even when unemployed.

Only after removing WCG project as a whole and attaching again, the client requests CPU and GPU work only this very first time, but doesn't get GPU. also no message like No GPU work available.
Thereafter no GPU work requests anymore.
It looks like the server disables a GPU-flag to the client side ?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Crystal Pellet at Mar 13, 2012 3:42:44 PM]
[Mar 13, 2012 3:41:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

At this time I'm unclear whether the Beta GPU is coupled to the HCC production CPU. It seems the [general] production GPU opting is required to get the BETA GPUs. If not, then the BETA GPU option would still be outstanding.

--//--
[Mar 13, 2012 3:43:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I haven't checked the forum in a while, looks like I came back just in time. But can someone point out to me where I am supposed to sign up for GPU beta? I did the normal beta check and went into my profile and allow it to accept GPU WUs. Did I need to do something else?

[Mar 13, 2012 3:51:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes, the knreed post linked above tells you what else to tick in the device profile(s) or My Projects (which overwrites all the device profiles).

--//--
[Mar 13, 2012 3:54:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LCB001
Advanced Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

Could be wrong (very likely) but I don't think the HCC project field needs to be checked, in this case 'Beta' should be the project setting it's coupled to.

Increasing the cache a bit and with a Beta only profile and the GPU opt-in box checked I get,

13/03/2012 11:42:13 AM World Community Grid Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
13/03/2012 11:42:13 AM World Community Grid Requesting new tasks for GPU
13/03/2012 11:42:14 AM World Community Grid Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
13/03/2012 11:42:14 AM World Community Grid Message from server: No tasks sent

There is usually a lag time between when they are announced and when they actualy hit the feeder...

[Mar 13, 2012 4:01:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Crystal Pellet
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

The server sets this flags in the client_state.xml

<no_cuda_apps>1</no_cuda_apps>
<no_ati_apps>1</no_ati_apps>

[Mar 13, 2012 4:01:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Could be wrong (very likely) but I don't think the HCC project field needs to be checked, in this case 'Beta' should be the project setting it's coupled to.

Increasing the cache a bit and with a Beta only profile and the GPU opt-in box checked I get,

13/03/2012 11:42:13 AM World Community Grid Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
13/03/2012 11:42:13 AM World Community Grid Requesting new tasks for GPU
13/03/2012 11:42:14 AM World Community Grid Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
13/03/2012 11:42:14 AM World Community Grid Message from server: No tasks sent

There is usually a lag time between when they are announced and when they actualy hit the feeder...

Beta is not a Device Profile option. In past, the device profile options for CEP2 were coupled to the Beta opt in i.e. if you set overrides on CEP2, they also applied to the BETA.

The GPU option is very clearly coupled to the CPU option at this time... no HCC selected, no GPU for HCC (subject to change with maybe a notice ,0). We'll find out when the test tasks start flowing.

--//--
[Mar 13, 2012 4:07:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rebirther
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

If my computer can process work on my graphics card, then please send me work to run on my graphics card for the projects that I have selected above.

If I only want to run on GPU not CPU this option is not clearly...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rebirther at Mar 13, 2012 4:17:54 PM]
[Mar 13, 2012 4:16:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 88   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread