Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 540 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
noderaser
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CEP2 on PowerPC

Is CEP2 still available for Mac OS X running on PowerPC computers? I am not getting any work on my Dual G5 or Quicksilver G4.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by noderaser at May 3, 2012 4:02:04 AM]
[May 3, 2012 3:55:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: CEP2 on PowerPC

Hello noderaser,

Contrary to what the System Requirements web page says, CEP2 does not run on Mac PPC. When I first read your post, I went to System Requirements so I could send you the link so you could see for yourself that Mac PPC was not supported. To my horror, CEP2 was listed as Mac, rather than Mac(2) which means Mac Intel only. Wondering if I could be so wrong, I checked a number of posts.Here is the thread that says Windows, Linux and Mac Intel only: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ead_thread,30282_offset,0

Sorry for our error, which I will immediately report.

Lawrence
[May 3, 2012 5:16:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noderaser
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Ah... It's sadly getting harder and harder to find work for my PPC machines. WCG is one of a very small number of projects to still support them, and I see that the newer projects lack this support as well.
[May 4, 2012 2:28:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We will fix the System requirements to show Mac Intel only for CEP2. Thanks for telling us about the problem and sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[May 8, 2012 2:55:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread