Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 692 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Completed task frozen in Task area. New task will not upload. NOT RESOLVED 5/9

I have noticed that a new clean energy - phase 2 task will not load. I looking into it, I notice a completed clean energy - phase 2 task frozen under the Task pain.

All other project tasks are completing, transferring and loading new tasks. this appears specific to Clean Energy - Phase 2.

I have attempted Suspending / Resuming the completed task. I have attempted aborting the new download task.

I work nights 11pm-7am cst if I can be of help in attempting to resolve this bug.

B.Rey
crying
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at May 9, 2012 5:22:46 AM]
[May 3, 2012 4:23:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Completed task frozen in Task area. New task will not upload.

Task resolved. I suspended all activity for 5 min and upon resuming boinc activity, the task completed and uploaded almost instantly.
[May 3, 2012 5:01:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello breynold@us.ibm.com,
Right. The Harvard server for CEP2 seems to be down. The research assistants in Cambridge seem to be asleep. While I did muse on chopping with a short bronze sword while chanting 'I sing of the wrath of Achilles', more mature consideration suggests sleeping until they return to the campus tomorrow morning.

sleep
Lawrence

Added: sad Still has not uploaded for me. Oh well, something is happening. Better something than nothing.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at May 3, 2012 5:32:32 AM]
[May 3, 2012 5:05:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We are working with the Harvard team to resolve this issue. There are actually two servers that support uploading for Harvard and one of them is not reachable at the moment. We are using 'round robin dns' for them.

So far it has been determined that it appears that the server is functioning properly, but the connections to upload files to the server are not reaching the server. This suggests a networking issue. The Harvard IT support staff is working on the issue.
[May 3, 2012 2:47:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Ok, first of all we want to sincerely apologize for the Harvard server outage in the early hours of today and any trouble it may have caused. It appears that some changes to the Harvard filesystems did not propagate to our servers with the effect that the WCG uploads started to get blocked. A big thanks goes to our friends at Harvard Research Computing and the IBM WCG team who managed to sort this out very quickly. You guys are the best and CEP couldn’t work without your support!

So, after all this excitement it’s back to crunching biggrin .
[May 3, 2012 7:25:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

5/9 Clean Energy Phase 2 tasks still do not appear to be uploading for me. I have aborted one and gotten it to clear but the next still seems to hang up.

It may be uploading successfully but just not clearing itself from my Tasks list, or, it may not be getting added to the transfer list???

In any event, I notice that I will not receive another Clean Energy task as long as the existing entry sits at the top of my Task list.

I will endeavor to simply let it sit there this time until it either clears or I hear from Harvard. I have ample processor and HD space so I do not believe my client is the issue.

Regards,

breynold@us.ibm.com
[May 9, 2012 5:28:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What's the text in the status column of the Tasks view in BOINC for these "hanging" results?

Is the Transfer tab still showing a part of these result files to upload?

--//--
[May 9, 2012 7:12:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Dear breynold@us.ibm.com,
this is a rather mysterious issue as you seem to be the only one having it. Could you give us the name of the hanging upload? We can check whether perhaps part of it already arrived here before the server-problem and is blocking the remaining upload.
Best wishes from
Your Harvard CEP team
[May 9, 2012 7:00:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread