Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 572 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Most units end up on Pending Verification status

This is not really an issue, but it is something that's been going on on 3 different machines (a laptop and 2 PCs) for the past few days (to a week or so) and even though I know that every machine gets periodically checked, this seems to be happening more often (e.g. 2 out of 3 consecutive WUs got that on the same machine) than usual and, all of the sudden, on all boxes.

Has something been changed in this project that we should know about?
----------------------------------------
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Sep 6, 2012 7:50:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Most units end up on Pending Verification status

Am getting series of these PVer at times for *all* the Zero Redundant projects my devices crunch. It seems server 700 validators get quicker ticked off than old server 601. Don't know why. Just know that the last 5 validations checks must be valid at all times. Maybe it's self perpetuating... a PVer *is* after all not a Valid ;O

Edit, *is* not *as*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Sep 6, 2012 9:38:55 AM]
[Sep 6, 2012 8:13:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:

Hmmm...I think I understand. Anyway, it's money in the bank. So far all my PVs turned out Valid, so I'm not worried. It's frustrating though. As you can imagine, I would really like to see them validated right away, after all, that's what the 0 redundancy is all about, right?

Anyway, thanks for the explanation!

Edit: re-arranged my statements to make more sense.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Edit 2 times, last edit by CandymanWCG at Sep 6, 2012 9:29:05 AM]
[Sep 6, 2012 9:02:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Sorry guys, nothing we can do about this on our end.
Best wishes
Your Harvard CEP team
[Sep 6, 2012 1:44:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

Am getting series of these PVer at times for *all* the Zero Redundant projects my devices crunch. It seems server 700 validators get quicker ticked off than old server 601. Don't know why. Just know that the last 5 validations checks must be valid at all times. Maybe it's self perpetuating... a PVer *is* after all not a Valid ;O

With v7 "trusted" basically works like this:
1: For every scheduler-request there's a 1/n chance of needing replication, all tasks in same scheduler-reply will need extra replication.
2: n increases with 1 for validated tasks, but only if the task is replicated. Zero-redundancy tasks will not increase n.
3: Each sub-project has their separate n.

The old server-code was different, but let's assume it was the same code, except for all sub-projects used the same n. If so, if example ran 4 sub-projects and got 5 validated results in each, there would be a 5% chance of needing replication.

With v7 on the other hand, 4 sub-projects and 5 validated results in each would mean a 20% chance of needing replication.

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Sep 6, 2012 1:58:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

20% is about what I get computationally from production. It explains why the relative replication rate for HFCC has gone up. Used to be around 1.1, now 1.2.
[Sep 6, 2012 3:01:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread