Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 453 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Application exited with RC = 0x6e3c580

I noticed in the result logs that one of the work units my laptop crunched "exited with RC = 0x6e3c580" after starting job 6 while the first wingman didn't and stopped after job 12. It is now pending verification waiting for another wingman. I also had another work unit that had the same exit code but it occured after job 7. This one had no wingman at all and became valid. Could anyone tell me what this exit code means or if my computer is generating errors that may go unnoticed? Thanks.
[Oct 6, 2012 4:33:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Application exited with RC = 0x6e3c580

Hello treehugger85,
CEP2 is designed to accept partial results. Don't worry about it. The project scientists know all the details. Each result contains 16 potential jobs. As long as you complete the first 3 jobs, each additional job successfully completed adds to the project information. So your first result added 2 jobs (4th and 5th) to the project database.

It has always puzzled me too, but I accept the reassurances of the project scientists.

Lawrence
[Oct 6, 2012 6:13:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for responding. That's good that they are able to accept partial results. The work units usually have been ending after job 12 fairly consistantly for this computer and the duplicate work units are always in agreement with the same exit code, after the same job, unless the other cruncher ran out of time. I just think it's odd that my computer has now decided to stop a work unit at an earlier point than another computer with a different exit code when it also was no where near an apparent 12 hour time limit. It would be nice if I could somehow prevent this situtation from happening since my computer seems to be capable of crunching a complete work unit. I hope I'm not worrying too much about this, especially since WCG is something that is supposed to just run in the background.

Edit: The result that was pending verification is now classified as invalid.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 7, 2012 2:37:35 AM]
[Oct 6, 2012 11:22:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

sad
The result that was pending verification is now classified as invalid.

Too bad, but it is not enough to be worth worrying about. There are too many things that can cause CEP2 to error out, such as too many restarts.

Lawrence
[Oct 7, 2012 4:33:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread