Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 435 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Screensavers

Are the plots from the screensaver the results from my actual workunit ? It looks a bit different from time to time, but one graph now showed the maximum peak about the whole horizontal axis. What does that mean ? Or did I just see a graphical error of my computer ?

P.S.: Sorry for my english angel
[Dec 14, 2012 2:55:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Screensavers

Which science?

Some SSs are just pretty pictures or informative screens, others actual represent the task being processed with several parameter graphs in addition. Since I do not know what science you're talking about, I'll take FAAH as example which searches for the best [lowest] energy to dock a compound. If that lowest energy point is already found at the start, meaning, the rest of the docking series does not find a lower energy point, then you get a flat-liner. Of course, it's impossible to know in such situations if an improvement in the calculations can be found, so the whole series must be computed to the end,
[Dec 14, 2012 3:30:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Screensavers

Oh sorry, I thought I posted it in the project forum. It was "The clean Energy Project- Phase 2".
[Dec 14, 2012 3:47:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: CEP2: Screensavers

No, me sorry. Did not look which forum, just saw the plural "Screensavers". The explanation is the same, in CEP2 case, no achievable improvement and this science really does show a 3D graph of the task on hand.

More explanation in the FAQ: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/cep2/faq.do
[Dec 14, 2012 3:59:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread