Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 578 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Czimmy67
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
no pagefile activated - clean energy project don´t save results

Hello,

everytime, when clean energy progjekt 2 is running, it´s all doing fine. But when I shut down system and restart, the calculating starts from the beginning. The last results were not saved. I deactivated pagefile before. In the preferences it said, write to harddrive every 10 seconds. So I think there is a problem. crying I don´t want to activate pagefile.
[Mar 30, 2013 4:24:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: no pagefile activated - clean energy project don´t save results

Hello Czimmy67,
You misunderstand the command "Write to Hard disk every 10 seconds". That is a general BOINC command that does not allow check points to be written more than once in 10 seconds. This is not a problem with CEP2 which only has 15 checkpoints. The 3rd check point is written after several hours of computation. Each check point stores a different type of result. A lot of people shut down after 3 hours of computing and see the CEP2 program restart with only a few minutes of time saved and make the mistake of thinking that nothing was saved.

You can bring up BOINC Manager, select the CEP2 task, then click on Properties and a small list of information will appear which tells you how long it has been since the last check point was written. If you can Hibernate (not all computers can) then you can save the entire memory to hard disk before you power off.

Page files are nice but are not required.

Lawrence

Added: If you can not make long runs on your computer, you might want to skip CEP2, which can be a frustrating project.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 30, 2013 5:07:58 PM]
[Mar 30, 2013 5:04:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Czimmy67
Cruncher
Project Badges:
smile Re: no pagefile activated - clean energy project don´t save results

Hello lawrencehardin,

this information helped me a lot!
Thank you.

Czimmy67
[Mar 31, 2013 2:10:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread