Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1002 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Paul Schlaffer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Errors when running too many CEP2 WUs at once?

For comparison, I am running an 12 core system (dual Opteron 4184's) with 16gb of ram. My BOINC data directory resides on a 4 drive raid 5 array which has handled the I/O demands fine. I have successfully run 12 instances of CEP on this system without any WU errors, however the memory load was high. I am currently running 6 at a time and the normal ram usage for this system is around 6gb.

If it were me the first thing I would do is bump up the ram to at least 1 gb per processor and then re-test. Four GB is really very small on a 16 processor system. RAM is relatively cheap, and virtual memory even on an SSD is not efficient. On my systems I usually disable the virtual memory for better stability.

Good luck. - Paul
----------------------------------------

“Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.” – James Madison (1792)
[May 3, 2013 9:03:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread