Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 766 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
SamuelJunior
Cruncher
Brazil
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
love struck Batteries and evolutionary algorithm

Hello to all,

Sorry my bad English, this is my first post here, but I have some suggestions to The Clean Energy Project team. biggrin

Will soon be released the result of mass collaboration project results clean energy, so I think that will be a good pick the best molecules and develop an evolutionary algorithm to further develop these results.

As we know the nature, through natural selection, developed all living beings and all the molecules of their composition. It was developed so nature, for example, various types of chlorophyll, where the efficiency varies between them.

For this reason, I think it will be good to use BOINC to "evolve" these molecules.

About batteries, I suggest that it is also developing a project using BOINC to develop efficient molecules that can be used in batteries, since the technology for batteries are still very outdated.

Thank you smile
[May 15, 2013 11:29:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ryan222h
Senior Cruncher
Re: Batteries and evolutionary algorithm

Sounds like a great idea.

Good batteries are the only thing holding our society back from being fully electric (cars, buses, trains, airplanes, etc) and pollution free, assuming the electic generated comes from renewable resources.
----------------------------------------

[May 15, 2013 3:34:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SamuelJunior
Cruncher
Brazil
Project Badges:

For this reason I gave the suggestion, now we have cheap solar panels and energy, enabling eco villages for example, but the energy storage devices are technologically outdated.

Create batteries using inexpensive technologies, using atoms common and abundant in nature to produce complex molecules but very efficient energy storage would be a huge technological revolution.
[May 16, 2013 12:12:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi SamuelJunior,
yes, genetic algorithms are high on our priority list and we have written about this previously. The idea is that we use the data gathered from our combinatorial search as the data foundation that guides a rational design driven approach. Actually, the paper that we are currently finishing up discusses steps along those lines.
As to the batteries: We have a project on this in the group, but it is at the moment using a high-performance cluster rather than the grid for computing time.
Best wishes
Your Harvard CEP team
[May 16, 2013 2:05:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread