Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11161 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: pending verification

Please explain what this has to do with "Pending Verification"? biggrin
[Nov 17, 2013 3:09:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello SuDu2,
I am uncertain what you mean. Have you installed BOINC on Ubuntu? Or are you asking how to install BOINC? In either case, you should start a new thread in the correct sub-forum, such as BOINC Agent Support. Once you have selected the sub-forum, click on the "New Thread" icon in the upper right and give a detailed description of your problem.

Lawrence
[Nov 17, 2013 3:09:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SuDu2
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have a "pending validation," my very first run. Newbie/newbie.
It is related to my attempting to upgrade to BOINC 7.2.28 which seems to have failed (I saw the note in "Notices"). I am running Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64 bit on 2nd lived (I replaced some capacitors in the MB) Gateway GT4016 AMD Athlon 3700+ single with full ram (2.9 GiB) giving WCG 10 GiB disk space, BOINC Manager 7.0.27 (upgrade didn't fully take, but I have lots of SW, libraries), but my System Monitor does not show that I have a BOINC Client running (never did).
See: WCG forum: Support: BOINC agent support: BOINC 7.2.28 is ready for public use : SuDu2 (sorry, I don't know how to link you through forum SW).
Do I have to notify Harvard University that there are locked files setting in my Home file system?
I don't really know whether I should have this issue in both threads or not.

SEL

WENT TO OTHER THREAD
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by SuDu2 at Nov 18, 2013 3:28:55 AM]
[Nov 18, 2013 2:33:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello SuDu2,
I think that Sgt Joe gave the right advice in https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ead,35780_offset,0#439360 As long as you have a running BOINC on your Ubuntu computer, the damage done to a single CEP2 work unit does not matter. So the only question is whether or not your installation of BOINC 7.2.28 is working.

I think that the other thread is the correct one in which to continue this discussion.

Lawrence
[Nov 18, 2013 2:43:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread