Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 790 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Task upload size

I am aware there is another thread somewhere containing job output sizes but I was unable to find it.

I returned task E213701_441_A.36.C25H11N7S4.35.1.set1d06_1_4 its main upload file was 40.1 MB, CPU time was 5.52 hours elapsed time was 5.69 hours. 11 jobs completed. I'm aware that you can tell roughly the size of the upload file by the name after the letter (A.36) if I remember correctly the higher the number of the bigger the upload will be. I guess I was a little surprised at the upload size been so big with a reasonably short run time. Are we just going through a phase at the moment of big upload sizes or is this going to be the average size for the foreseeable future?
----------------------------------------

[Jun 13, 2013 6:41:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Task upload size

Tell me what you see in this chart: http://bit.ly/WCGCE1

The upload size has -always- increased gradually, as does the average time in the course of an experiment, so you're seeing history repeating.
[Jun 13, 2013 6:48:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Thanks for your fast response. I would have to say I think 40.1 meg is the biggest upload size that I have seen. Crunch on for cleaner energy

Reason for edit: correct several spelling errors

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Speedy51 at Jun 13, 2013 7:17:00 AM]
[Jun 13, 2013 7:00:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Actually, in the beginning we've seen 60-70-80MB, and that has been promised as we progress.

(And with the super-size models coming, would not be surprised the output will be even bigger).
[Jun 13, 2013 7:05:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Ah yes way back in the beginning I had forgotten about the massive upload sizes. Is there any chance anyone can give us an indication as to how far away the super-sized models will be?

[Jun 13, 2013 7:50:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No, there are multiple projects and upgrades in development, there always are, so there are no work gaps if something requires external input. When it comes it comes [see post knreed for introductory discussion... serious hardware required and an opt-in to an opt-in, twice over so to speak. Of course not 1 credit more, and I could give fors and againsts for doing so.]
[Jun 13, 2013 8:00:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Thanks for information Rob. Is it possible for you to give me a date that knreed posted this thread/information because I am not able to find anything in the Cep 2 thread about this.

[Jun 13, 2013 9:18:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

IIRC, it's the same post where knreed defers comment to cleanenergy why 2x12 hours is more valuable than 1 in 24 hours, if they were allowed to run that long. And, sure enough Boolean search "2 AND 12 AND 24" pops up the right post at top of hit list: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=422494

Finding most anything is easy even with our not so advanced forum search facility.
[Jun 13, 2013 12:27:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Thanks for information Rob. In future I will use the advanced search facility. The average run time in a crunching chart graph is over 8 hours. The good thing with there being longer run time and is you need less work units to upgrade to new badges. Crunch on for a cleaner planet

[Jun 15, 2013 5:23:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread