Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1690 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Yarensc
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP2 Crashing

If your running windows create it in notepad, select all files as the save type and save it as app_config.xml
[Jul 8, 2013 4:09:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Many thanks, Yarensc.

I put the file that you sent me in C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\www.worldcommunitygrid.org
and then restarted BOINC, but it didn't work, so I tried restarting the computer and now it is working perfectly.

I am able to restrict the number of CEP2 units to what my machine can cope with and still use the rest of the threads for any other projects.

Regards

Mike
[Jul 8, 2013 9:35:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Everything has gone well for the last 7 weeks, but suddenly my 3 CEP and 5 SN2S have started crashing again.

I have noticed that the report file has been getting bigger. Does this mean that I now need to switch to 2/6 instead of 3/5 in order to stay inside the limits.

Thanks

Mike
[Sep 1, 2013 1:45:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Not sure what "crashing" means, but SN2S min ram requirements have increased. With an 8 core I'd hope you have at least 4GB ram. Try checking the max ram usage in the boinc client. Changing from 50% to, say, 80% might help a bit... else get more RAM:) This does rely on my assumption that what you describe as "crashes" is BOINC pausing tasks to stay within ram usage limits.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Sep 1, 2013 4:46:00 PM]
[Sep 1, 2013 4:42:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

By crashing I mean that all WUs are exiting with zero status but no finished file as per my original post in this thread.

I have been running app_config.xml successfully for 7 weeks but the problem has recurred, although this time it seems only to occur when there is a scheduler request.

I have 4 GB RAM and the settings are 90%, 95% & 75%.

Regards

Mike
[Sep 1, 2013 5:23:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread