Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1201 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: "Sanity Check" - New User

Strange.... it says 12 cores allowed and oodles of ram/disk.

You wrote "but one was set to wait state". Got those log entries for us too? Just curious what reason if any this is. The Tasks view in status column may also give a reason such as "waiting for memory".

edit: After that duuh moment, guess it was "Ready to start".
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 13, 2013 7:37:31 PM]
[Jul 13, 2013 7:36:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

edit: After that duuh moment, guess it was "Ready to start".

You got it in one :)

Moving on .... recommends gratefully received as I am out of date re WCG. Going to switch the two GPUs to WCG, they are empty ready to go right now having completed a long Collatz run.

Which WCG GPU Projects ? I hear the cry .... personal choice, blah blah ..... but ..... :)

On the DOS side, the CPU cores will be fully switched to WCG once those final six sr5sieve runs are completed tomorrow mid-day.

(The sr5sieve run was a new one from scratch couple of months ago to setup the recently revived main sr5 search, but there is now about 18 months work sieved ready to roll, so I'm moving on with the CPU cores).

I'll work it up to 8 cores for the cep2 WUs over the next two days once the last sr5 Sieve run is done. Its a 3960x, so it should be able to cope with 8, will cut back to 6 cep2 if it becomes an issue.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 13, 2013 8:18:23 PM]
[Jul 13, 2013 8:13:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noderaser
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Is 16 GB of RAM enough for 12 cores, plus GPUs?
[Jul 14, 2013 1:54:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Easily!
[Jul 14, 2013 4:24:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Going to switch the two GPUs to WCG, they are empty ready to go right now having completed a long Collatz run.

Which WCG GPU Projects ? I hear the cry ...
That will be difficult.....there arn't any! wink
[Jul 14, 2013 5:29:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

That will be difficult.....there arn't any!

Such minor obstacles rofl :)
[Jul 14, 2013 12:58:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread