Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 407 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
OldChap
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Output file absent error

I wonder if others have come across this before.:

Output file E.... for task E..... absent.

Seems related to ssd/hdd at a guess but I suppose it could be something in memory.

The odd thing is that no matter how many CEP2 jobs are running they all fail at once. (but anything else keeps running)

Something with TRIM maybe?

Linux mint 64, 16c 32t rig 32GB ram and not more than 24 CEP2 still fails. system shows max 7GB mem in use and 1/3rd of ssd in use.

I can put a clean install on this SSD or on a HDD but I wonder if anyone knows something about why this is?
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by OldChap at Jul 18, 2013 12:05:27 AM]
[Jul 18, 2013 12:04:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captainjack
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Output file absent error

Hey OldChap,

I got some of those earlier today too. Happened when there was a network glitch and BOINC lost touch with WCG. If you look in the result log for one of the tasks that bombed, see if it says something about "process got signal 11".

That is one of the unique attributes of Linux. It gets those signal 11 errors from time to time and causes tasks to abort. Sometimes it happens when the CPU gets really busy and BOINC stalls.

You can search the forums for "signal+11" and find numerous other threads with some recommended settings to try to reduce the number of times you get the signal 11 in Linux.

Hope that helps.
[Jul 18, 2013 2:21:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Output file absent error

I have experienced the CEP2 failures on Linux Mint 64 also, so I just don't even run them on my Linux machines. Some of them were signal 11 errors which seems to mean the machine is too busy, but they only seemed to occur when communication(wireless) became unavailable. There were different errors also, but Cep2 was problematic on all the the Linux machines which were all using the same wireless extender. No problem with the windows machines. This may or may not be related to your problem, but I just don't know. Good luck with a resolution.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 18, 2013 2:25:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread