Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1316 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Thanassos
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 64-bit version of Clean Energy Project app?

Sort of on Topic. I have a Linux machine with 48 threads and 128GB of ram... It's picking up nothing but FAAH Workunits while my 2-3 windows machines are getting nothing but CEP work units.

Looking at the task list there's 48 in progress and 100 or so waiting and none of them are CEP tasks, any reason for this?
----------------------------------------

[Aug 3, 2013 2:08:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Do you have CEP2 selected in the profile for this machine ?
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 3, 2013 2:14:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thanassos
Cruncher
Project Badges:

All my machines run the same profile which has CEP set to unlimited. It's got me stumped.

I'm gonna try opting out of FAAH just to see if CEP starts popping up then I'll opt in all again.

[Aug 3, 2013 2:56:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thanassos
Cruncher
Project Badges:

To anyone else that was having a similar issue to me it's because CEP2 as the OP stated doesn't have a 64bit app and I didn't have 32bit libs installed...

Installed 32bit libs and CEP2 WUs started to come down.

[Aug 4, 2013 4:24:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since each work unit runs its own process it doesn't matter how many 1GB 32 bit apps your running as long as your system has enough RAM

Correct.. for the most part:) You can run even more if the swapfile allows for it (not that you'd want to). I was pretty sure that the upper limit of memory a single 32-bit app could consume was 4GB though (2^32).
[Aug 5, 2013 4:39:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

Correct.. for the most part:) You can run even more if the swapfile allows for it (not that you'd want to). I was pretty sure that the upper limit of memory a single 32-bit app could consume was 4GB though (2^32).

In practice, atleast under windows, a 32-bit app can use max 2 GB or 3 GB, the latter if application specifically specifies it's allowed to use upto 3 GB.

Since CEP2 is running separate applications, under a 64-bit OS it's no problem for CEP2 memory-wise, even it's a 32-bit app, to use all of the computers installed memory, regardless of this being 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB or even higher if you've got more memory.

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Aug 5, 2013 2:26:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Correct.. for the most part. An instance of the application gets loaded into memory too.. but I'm nit-picking:) My prediction: We'll see 64-bit for CEP2 v2 if the models are actually 4-8GB. Woot!
[Aug 5, 2013 3:42:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread