Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1240 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How often are checkpoints made for clean energy project ?

Well, in my experience and those of others, having LAIM on, of course, and suspending BOINC manual prior to hibernation [don't use snooze as that clock ticks even when powered down[], works well. When powering up again, just let the computer load the memory image proper and wait till the HD light goes to rest, only then unsuspended/resume BOINC.

Whilst, knreed has promoted a feature that Rickjb requested, a staggered start of tasks. Moi, I requested shortly after for the <start_delay> feature which can be set in the config file, to have it's functionality expanded to also work when coming out of hibernation [the signal of powering down is logged by client]. Presently this delay only works when boinc.exe is first launched. Then, the manual suspend is not required, just setting the delay to 1 or 2 minutes to give the hiberfil.sys file time to load [6.2GB on last lidclose] and boinc.exe not trying it's hardest to start running when the disk is still [very] busy.

2 CA cents.
[Aug 14, 2013 12:47:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

BTW, Toralf, there's a Start Here FAQ that describes the checkpointing for each science and it's noteworthy particulars... just that you know. Nobody ever comments on up-to-date, out-datedness, so proofs the point that few ever visited them, 'only' 4700 reads since creation in 2007 ;)
[Aug 14, 2013 1:02:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

BTW, Toralf, there's a Start Here FAQ that describes the checkpointing for each science and it's noteworthy particulars.
May I ask you for the link ?
[Aug 15, 2013 9:26:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

THe FaQs are here
[Aug 16, 2013 4:52:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

I must admit that I didn't read the FAQ until now. I'm planning to run workunits on days where my computer is up and running for more than 12 hrs.
O.k. some manual control is necessary but for me it's acceptable.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 16, 2013 12:49:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread