Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1276 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP2 Work Unit Slot Size (in GB)

It's hard to put a solid number on it, but we can say that right about now, the workunits are probably as big as they are gonna get, since we are currently mopping up the last ones from the 1st generation library. Once the first compounds of the 2nd generation library hit the grid the space requirements will go down considerably again for a while.
Best wishes,
Your Harvard CEP team
[Aug 23, 2013 2:43:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mgruben
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Good to know Jim, thanks for this encouragement haha, hopefully everything works out for my setup then
----------------------------------------

[Aug 23, 2013 7:19:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mgruben
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

For closure's sake, I just completed my first 4 concurrent WUs.

I kept periodic (15min or so) logs of memory usage, and determined that max RAMdisk usage was somewhere around 5.2GB, at which time in-use memory was 1661MB, and cached memory was 6115MB.

Altogether then, it appears that, as many in this thread suggested it would, 12GB worked just fine for 4 concurrent CEP2 WUs (allocated 7GB for RAMdisk-mounted /slots directory and left the rest as RAM) (assuming no weird Linux RAM allocation problems arising in the next few days).

My SSD thanks you all for your help.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 27, 2013 11:27:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread