Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 417 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
svincent
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Maximum disk usage exceeded

I'm one of six people to have been given this task : E215637_ 243_ A.40.C33H18N4S3.382.3.set1d06

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/devi...s.do?workunitId=824410443

So far it's errored out in 4 of the tasks: in one case it crashed immediately and in the other 3 cases, including mine, it resulted in an error after several hours of Maximum disk usage exceeded. I've got 100 GB allocated to Boinc, of which at most 2% seems to be in use at any one time so it's hard to believe this is the real issue.
[Sep 22, 2013 5:01:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Maximum disk usage exceeded

Hello svincent,
It may be an internal limit on disk usage that is being exceeded. There are many CEP2 molecules that are too big to be run on the current WCG program. The CEP scientists try to send us only small molecules but we WCG members have discussed the probability that they will sometimes make mistakes. Do not be too worried. Once the error limit is exceeded, the work unit will be withdrawn from the server.

Lawrence
[Sep 22, 2013 5:21:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Re: Maximum disk usage exceeded

We are investigating this one. It did reach the limit on errors and has stopped being sent. We are taking a look at what happened while it ran.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by knreed at Oct 1, 2013 9:26:59 PM]
[Oct 1, 2013 9:26:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread