Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1914 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Any plans for Phase 3 on this one?

I know I may be really jumping the gun on this one, but couldn't get this corky idea out of my head all morning. Anyone care to guesstimate or take an educated stab at this?

Oh, and sorry if this has already been asked. If so, please point me into the right direction as I am yet to master the art of using the Search functionality of these forums (seems like no matter what string I use, I get random results every time). Anyway, it's much too quiet around here anyway, so I think we could all use a little bit of boat rocking.

Cheers! peace
----------------------------------------
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Oct 9, 2013 12:25:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Any plans for Phase 3 on this one?

Yes, there are plans for CEP3 which will either use the same Q-Chem engine with different types of calculations or entirely different ones. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people working on the project to make a big push for it, but hopefully next year.
[Oct 9, 2013 1:33:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Randzo
Senior Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Great news, thank you.
I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S.
When it will be ready do not forget to invent cheap organic batteries, as you originally planned to ;-)
[Oct 9, 2013 3:46:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:

Many thanks for the info and the fast reply! I have to say I hadn't gotten my hopes high on this, but I am thrilled to hear it!

Currently CEP (any phase) is the project I'm most fond of, even though I am trying to participate in all available WCG sciences. I'm sorry that the cruncher resource is low on this one, but at least we are committed to making it work.

Per aspera, ad astra!
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Oct 10, 2013 10:56:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Yes, there are plans for CEP3 which will either use the same Q-Chem engine with different types of calculations or entirely different ones. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people working on the project to make a big push for it, but hopefully next year.

Good news biggrin . Thanks. Almost 336 days for me on CEP2 and still crunching.

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Edit 1 times, last edit by John C MacAlister at Oct 10, 2013 1:50:37 PM]
[Oct 10, 2013 1:48:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chevalr1c
Cruncher

Unfortunately, we don't have enough people working on the project to make a big push for it, but hopefully next year.

Do you mean "not many researchers" or "not many crunchers"? If it is the latter, at least the Challenge that the TechPowerUp! team has organised should hopefully give a nice boost. BTW, that challenge is open to late entrants so teams canstill sign up for it. There are still 4 days to go.
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...35641_lastpage,yes#434769

Let's keep crunching! cool
[Oct 11, 2013 2:46:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No, we mean not many researchers - on the cruncher side we are doing extremely well these days.
[Oct 11, 2013 4:36:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chevalr1c
Cruncher

Tank you for the info.
[Oct 15, 2013 5:36:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread