Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 601 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Clean Energy jobs

Why is that Clean Energy jobs are longer jobs with fewer checkpoints. I cant leave my PC on when I am not working, I have to shutdown, and this way Clean Energy jobs never finish.
regards,
Vidhya
[Oct 14, 2013 12:35:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Clean Energy jobs

The reason why CEP2 is specifically _opt-in_ is exactly because of these wide apart checkpoints as one of several points... if you can't leave your computer running for longer hours [and run BOINC while computer is in use], this science is best avoided as there will be little to no progress in the time the computer can be on. Regrettably it can't be different with the present version and doubt it will be possible to change that when the new version coming soon will be able to do that more often.
[Oct 14, 2013 12:48:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
katoda
Senior Cruncher
Poland
Project Badges:

vidkan, sleep or hibernate is not an option for you?
----------------------------------------

[Oct 14, 2013 3:05:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:

No offense, but I motion to create a new Forum called " crying Yet another question about CEP2 checkpoints". Anyone to second me?

Edit: and yes, I do mean "Forum", in case anyone wonders wink
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Edit 1 times, last edit by CandymanWCG at Oct 14, 2013 3:09:19 PM]
[Oct 14, 2013 3:07:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread