Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1516
Posts: 1516   Pages: 152   [ Previous Page | 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 191336 times and has 1515 replies Next Thread
lanbrown
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Re:Mapping Cancer Markers Badge Thread

Thanks. Not an easy feat, that is for sure. I have dropped out of MCM1 for the time being and have all resources (except for two machines still on MCM1) on UGM now. I'm going to aim for 100 years over there. I figure all of my MCM1 processing equates to around 1/2 day of processing in total for the project. This is based on 40 to 50 sets per day and I have done a little over 28 in total.
[Jun 17, 2015 7:54:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Got my gold badge for 90 days work on this. Not much at all, but not bad considering it's 1 laptop not running 24/7, and just crunching when it's at idle. :)

Congratulations
Its good to have big crunchers... BUT IF WE CUD ADD THOUSANDS LIKE YOU SURE SCIENCE WUD ADVANCE FASTER !

Take this math.
There are 10,000 WU's per set (or whatever you want to call it; i.e 14262 is the current generation set).

Uplinger said the scientists were planning on 17,500 sets.

17,500 x 10,000 = 175,000,000 and with the quorum set to 2, that is 350,000,000. Imagine if every person in the US crunched just one WU, that would cover almost all of what was planned. In less than a day every single one of those WU's could have been processed.

I know I have done more than my fair share of the MCM1 WU's.

Good point guys. And while I'm here, staying up overnight to watch over my father as he's in his last day/2 days of a fight against cancer, it makes me want to get all of these units done as soon as possible.
[Jun 18, 2015 2:46:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lanbrown
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

oki81,

Sorry to hear that. Primarily of what I have crunched has dealt with my life experience. I know people who have battled cancer; anyone can get it. That is why I put some much processing towards it. I or a family member has a far greater chance of getting a form of cancer than say AIDS or Ebola. Do those diseases do a lot of destructive behavior? Yes they do, but cancer hits far closer to home.

The highest rank I ever achieved while crunching at Folding@Home was 325. I left because they seemed to be focusing on projects that I wasn't overly concerned about; like influenza. Sure I get the flu, sure people die, but there are far more better purposes to use the processing power towards.
[Jun 18, 2015 4:10:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I'm still pretty young and rather healthy but who knows what the future holds (but knowing family history I can guess what medical issues are in my future). Half joking and half seriously I've contributed here as a potential insurance policy; an ounce of prevention. Besides giving idle hands a positive thing to do, disease research goes towards helping others and possibly helping future me as well. I respect everyone contributing to whatever project they fancy and for whatever reasons they do so. Thank you oki81 for sharing your personal story and I wish you and your family peace during this trying time.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 18, 2015 5:11:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Any moment soon I will have donated 20 years worth to the Mapping Cancer Markers Project. The most points of any of my projects including the GPU powered Help Conquer Cancer.

I'll keep this project running to the end it's very close to my heart

Dave

[Jun 18, 2015 12:07:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

15 years now. Approaching the 20 years steadily.

[Jun 19, 2015 6:50:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kinski
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Closing in on 10y badge, looks like im safe for 20y with current progress.

[Jun 29, 2015 9:27:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
smile Re: Re:Mapping Cancer Markers Badge Thread

hugs ...
[Jun 30, 2015 7:56:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kinski
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

10y smile

[Jul 2, 2015 1:08:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
asdavid
Veteran Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:

Mapping Cancer Markers 7,269,333 10,456 4:363:03:25:24

And about 55 hours in Pending Validation state
Just before leaving for vacation smile

I will get my diamond in a few days biggrin
Anne-Sophie

[Jul 6, 2015 3:45:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1516   Pages: 152   [ Previous Page | 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread