Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1577 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Suspending upload process

Hi EveB,
yes, you can just manually suspend CEP (and all of WCG for that matter) with the Device Manager if you need the full power of your computer and I believe that should also interrupt uploads.
Best wishes,
Your CEP team

I'm afraid that was not how it worked. When the CEP jobs were uploading, nothing short of actually quitting BOINC (and losing all the work back to the checkpoints) would stop the slow inexorable upload as viewed through the transfers tab. I suspended the entire WCG project and even that wouldn't stop it.

However, the good news is that by limiting my upload transfer speed as suggested by BobCat worked a treat. I don't care that the uploads slow down even further because it doesn't interrupt either my general computer use nor the processing of the four jobs (one for each core).

Eve
[Jan 21, 2014 5:34:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Suspending upload process

Well, we are glad that it worked out the other way then. Thanks for the feedback - we also continue to learn about the mysteries of the grid :).
Best wishes,
Your CEP team
[Jan 21, 2014 9:09:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread