Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 739 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
I got a work unit that is estimated to take 50 hours to complete

In contrast, a fight aids at home work unit I got at the same time is supposed to take 5 hours. Is the clean energy project just much more difficult? Or is something weird going on?
[Jan 23, 2014 9:16:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: I got a work unit that is estimated to take 50 hours to complete

Is the clean energy project just much more difficult? Or is something weird going on?
Yes, and maybe devilish.
The CEP2 task may well vary its estimate downwards as it progresses (if its initial estimate is indeed weird), and it'll cut off at 18 hours CPU time anyway (and the first few sub-jobs completed are useful to the researchers), so don't worry, just let BOINC do its stuff.
PS. Checkpoints in CEP2 can be a long way apart, so have Leave Application In Memory enabled and try not to close or reboot the machine while processing a CEP2 unit.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 23, 2014 9:28:50 PM]
[Jan 23, 2014 9:24:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread