Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1034 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Frequent "No Tasks Available" message

I see that the uploads of the large files have stopped working and that the CEP project is suspended temporarily. I wonder if this is related to the frequent messages I've been getting for a while:

1/30/2014 1:14:40 AM	World Community Grid	Message from server: No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 
1/30/2014 1:14:40 AM World Community Grid Message from server: No tasks are available for the applications you have selected.

I know what these messages are and enough jobs come through to keep my four cores occupied (I decided to try for my Sapphire). But I'm more used to seeing this happen when a project is nearing its end and is in "clean up" mode.

Eve
[Feb 3, 2014 6:47:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Re: Frequent "No Tasks Available" message

Temporary stop for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
We have stopped sending out new work for the CEP2 project. We have been alerted that there is a issue on their server that they are currently working on correcting. This affects the upload of the large data file that is transferred directly back to them. Member will see that 2 things:

1. No new work being downloaded for CEP2.
2. Work that has complete will be stuck in a transferring mode waiting for the large file to upload.

We thank you for your patience as we work towards correcting the issue.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

----------------------------------------

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Feb 3, 2014 7:05:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I'm aware of that message and acknowledge it in my original post: "I see that the uploads of the large files have stopped working and that the CEP project is suspended temporarily." But the situation I'm describing has been going on for more than a week. What I'm asking is if it is related to the current suspension.

Eve
[Feb 3, 2014 7:19:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

From my reading of it, the short answer is :Yes.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Feb 3, 2014 8:52:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cehunt
Senior Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

Hi:

Does anyone in the know have an timeline as to when work can resume on CEP2?

Clive
[Feb 5, 2014 8:11:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Right after the problem popped up and they though they 'fixed' it, they indicated the CEP2 WUs would be flowing in 24 hours. But the 24 hour mark came and went yesterday and we are about 48 hours out right now (give or take). I would imagine this is one of those issues where the tech folks are getting an opportunity to pull out the monkey wrench and start banging on those servers (IT tough love) to get things going again.

In the meantime we'll just have to be patient and crunch other projects WUs while we wait for new CEP2 WUs to show up in our queues..... wink
[Feb 6, 2014 2:33:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi all,

CEP2 coming back online has happened in two stages. We are now making sure WUs that were completed during the time we hit the issue have been properly dealt with, so that you wont end up with jobs stuck in upload (if you still have those, please tell us!). When we are happy that the backlog is cleared and everything our side is running again, we will start sending the WUs out again. The last thing any of us want is to have another issue in quick succession!
Thanks again for your patience everyone, we really appreciate it :)

Your Harvard CEP Team
[Feb 6, 2014 4:12:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update cleanenergy. We'll be ready to crunch again when your ready. No need to rush things. Like you say its better to make sure all is clear before turning on the switch on new WUs....
[Feb 6, 2014 10:27:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread