Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1340 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Why marked as ERROR?

I too have just checked and found that i have 2 pages of error tasks for cep2 :( Im going to abort my current cache of tasks and hope that i get sent wu's that dont utterly waste 8 dedicated threads, hope it gets sorted.

EDIT:-
After checking a bit further only 2 days worth of results are on record for my 8 thread system running cep2 when it should be much closer to 8 days (its a 24 hour cruncher)
Im moving this rig back to take work from all projects in the meantime till a resolution is found for this, hope its just a flash in the pan as I want to get back to casing the Emerald for cep2 biggrin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 13, 2014 12:11:37 AM]
[Mar 12, 2014 7:41:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
armstrdj
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

There was some work being done by the researchers on the method they use to generate additional workunits. To fill the gap while they completed this work we ran some larger molecules. These larger molecules are more likely to have this issue. We should be beginning to transition into more normal size workunits and these issues should decrease significantly. If this does not occur we will evaluate alternatives to better handle these cases.

Thanks,
armstrdj
[Mar 19, 2014 3:45:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickjb
Veteran Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

No error WUs here, but I'm only running 3 cores on CEP2, and I haven't received any of the recently-despatched long WUs.
However, I have noticed a slowdown in receiving CEP2 work over the last few days. armstrdj's post probably explains why this is so.

Related comment: Project scientist "cleanenergy" hasn't had anything to say to us since 26 Feb, making it an unusually long period between his posts.
[Mar 20, 2014 1:49:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi all,

Sorry for the slight radio silence - as armstrdj says we have been working on a new method for generating work units. We are trying to really push to get this onto the grid as soon as possible, and so have unfortunately been a little less communicative than usual. The good news is that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so normal service should resume :)

Thanks for your patience!

Your Harvard CEP Team
[Mar 21, 2014 1:21:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread