Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1302 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
[RESOLVED] No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2: on only 1 machine

On one of my machines (Intel Win7) I'm getting the following msgs:
Message from server: No tasks are available for the applications you have selected
Message from server: No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
Message from server: Your preferences allow tasks from applications other than those selected

OK, no big deal... So I get 2 CEP2 WUs and then 4 FAAH WUs, etc. But on another machine (also Intel but Win8) I get all the CEP2 WUs I need: no FAAH or MCM WUs are sent (which is what I would expect).
Not complaining (crunching is crunching and all projects are important), but why would I see this behavior on one machine and not on the other? They both have the same manager settings. confused

Thanks, CJSL

Crunching for a better world...
----------------------------------------
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Mar 19, 2014 1:19:37 PM]
[Mar 16, 2014 1:57:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TKH
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:
Re: No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2: on only 1 machine

Hello CJSL,

Please review this FAQ from knreed regarding task allocation. Tks.

Tedi
[Mar 17, 2014 12:56:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:
Re: No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2: on only 1 machine

TKH... thanks for the link. But the two machines that I mentioned are running Windows (although different versions). Does WCG treat Win7 & Win8 like different OSs... just as it does with Linux & Windows? Seems strange, but would explain the behavior I'm seeing.

Thanks,

CJSL
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Mar 17, 2014 1:45:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mgruben
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just to check, your Win8 machine is using a 7.x.x or higher BOINC version, correct? I see that you're a far more senior folder than am I, but the possibility of a version mismatch is as yet unanswered in the thread

[Mar 18, 2014 12:22:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

confused
Better send us the Event Log description of your problem system. The scheduler is not bothered by Windows 8 so something else is the problem.

Lawrence
[Mar 18, 2014 1:39:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Is this machine using the same profile as the other(s)? It's not something silly like only have a limit of 2 WUs set, is it? Just a thought ('cos I managed to do the same thing).
[Mar 18, 2014 4:32:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Thanks everybody for your help and feedback. I think I know what happened.

Lawrence... thanks for the suggestion, but the PC has been rebooted several times since, so the entry log is long gone. Thanks anyway

Apis... both machines have the same limit: 8 WUs. But I want to thank you VERY much because you gave me the clue were the (non) issue was.

Here's what I think happened: I usually queue up CEP2 WUs during 1 day over the weekend (which is aprox 4-5 WUs), but this time I left it for 3 days, so it downloaded the 8 CEP2 WUs (the limit) and then started to bring other projets WUs also. The other machine has it's queue fine tuned to only hold 8 CEP2 WUs... so no other projects WUs showed up.

So after the analysis, all I can say is "DUH": mystery resolved, lesson learned.

Thanks,

CJSL

Crunching for a better world...
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Mar 19, 2014 1:18:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

cjslman,

I'm glad you were able to track down your issue.

Also, when you reboot your Event Log is not actually deleted. BOINC just only shows since the last reboot. You can find full version beyond that at C:\ProgramData\BOINC\stdoutdae.txt and stdoutdae.old.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Mar 27, 2014 4:30:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread