Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 990 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
cehunt
Senior Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sekerob's chart

Hi:

According to Sekerob's chart dated May 18, the Clean Energy Project is supposed to be completed this Friday. Is this real?? I have been crunching away on workunits that seem to just keep on coming with no end in sight.

Is the chart an fairly accurate "fuel gauge" of how much gas (work units) is left in the tank?

Clive
[May 29, 2014 5:44:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Sekerob's chart

You had better ask Sekerob.......oh......sorry, no you can't, he has not been seen for months! wink
[May 29, 2014 5:48:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pcwr
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

There was a reply to this from the scientists some time ago.
This project is not ending any time soon.

Patrick
----------------------------------------

[May 29, 2014 6:15:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noderaser
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Historically, his charts have been fairly good at predicting the end* of a project, plus you usually get some sort of head's up from the WCG admins or project scientists that things are winding down.

However, it turns out that CEP2 is a bit more like the AIDS subproject, in that it is an ongoing project with additional batches thrown in as work by the researchers progresses.

At least, that's what I got from this post by the CEP scientist(s). Based on that, I would say that there is likely more work to be had in the future, but not necessarily right away.

*Note that even after the last of the main work is sent out, things usually drag on for at least a week or two afterwards, waiting for returns and reissuing repair jobs as needed. However, at that point there is not much work to be had and you should take that into consideration if you are working on any crunching goals.
[May 29, 2014 6:16:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cehunt
Senior Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

Thanks for replying guys.

I am not shooting for any badges in this project. I have accumulated 18 million + points and there are no badges for this achievement. smile

I just passionately believe in this project. We humans need to wean ourselves away from fossil fuels to renewable forms of energy otherwise we as a species will suffer the same fate as the Maya Indians suffered.

Clive
[May 29, 2014 5:54:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I have accumulated 18 million + points and there are no badges for this achievement.

For points, there are no badges, but if you look you carefully, you have a diamond badge for 10+ years for CEP2 biggrin.
As for how much time is left for CEP2, WCG now provides timelines for the projects on the Research page. According to this, CEP2 currently is at 93% completion and goes on until Sep 2014.

CJSL
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at May 30, 2014 2:01:05 AM]
[May 29, 2014 6:09:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cehunt
Senior Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

For points, there are no badges, but if you look you carefully, you have a diamond badge for 10+ years for CEP2 biggrin.
As for how much time is left for CEP2, WCG now provides timelines for the projects on the Research page. According to this, CEP2 currently is at 93% completion and goes on until Sep 2014.

CJSL

I did noticed that I now have a diamond in my CEP2 badge but did not know what it meant. Thanks for alerting me.

Thanks for alerting me to where the project status news is now being posted. I will be referencing this location from now on.

Clive
[May 30, 2014 5:05:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I have accumulated 18 million + points and there are no badges for this achievement.

CJSL

Its now reflecting what I can only imagine is old data, 63% and June 2010.
[Jul 31, 2014 10:16:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

June 2010 is when it STARTED wink
[Jul 31, 2014 10:20:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Its now reflecting what I can only imagine is old data, 63% and June 2010.

No, it's not old data. As Scribe stated, June 2010 is when CEP2 started and the 63% is an update from the beginning of July and is further discussed here.

CJSL

Gotta keep crunching, there's a world to save...
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Jul 31, 2014 11:26:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread