Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 682 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Win 7 Reboot -> CEP WUs compeleted

I have this project running on a few machines. When I go to sleep or go to work i put the computers into sleep mode so I don't lose any progress. However our cat loves my keyboard, wakes up the computer, and the fan noise drives my significant other crazy. She turns off the machines and when I boot them back up I see each and every CEP WU is magically at 100%. And to have all 8 threads finish at exactly the same time and then 8 new WUs all start together isn't exactly normal.

I don't have this problem on my Mac or Windows 7 Starter laptop or with other WCG projects and I don't want to give crippled/incomplete files and they aren't anywhere near the 18 hour cut off time.

Help.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 18, 2014 1:06:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:
Re: Win 7 Reboot -> CEP WUs compeleted

I have had the situation you describe happen to me a few times and all of my work units have been fine. The current average run time per task is 4.77 hour's. As long as the tasks are not tur ning and be marked as in valid or error I don't think you have anything to worry about.

You can tell what the status of your work units are by going to result status and having a look under the status column to the left of run-time. To get to your results click My Contribution (top right of page by IBM logo), Result Status (left of page under My Projects) then at the top of the screen you can filter results by project and result status if you wish.

[Jun 18, 2014 8:16:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You could uncheck 'Allow this device to wake up the computer' in keyboard settings in control panel. Or uncheck 'Allow cat to approach Boinc device'
[Jun 18, 2014 2:05:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

@Speedy - The "results status" page was confusing since it showed no errors yet I was(am) convinced they tend to occasionally all end with a reboot and that led me to ask here. I'm glad to hear you've had the same thing and the run time seems to match yours.

@Neezeg - I didn't know those settings (laughs). I never attempted to cat-proof my computer and now I'm ready for kitty to pounce on the keyboard.

Thank you both.

[Jun 18, 2014 2:47:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

It is quite likely that the WUs restarted so were never reported. The elapsed time would reset to zero so that would mean all having the same amount.

Mike
[Jun 19, 2014 8:36:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread