Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 678 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No Wingman?

I am used to finished results staying in "pending Validation" until at least one wingman also comes up with the same result. Then it is proved "valid," we get credit, and life goes on.

I recently reconnected to CEP2, was checking the status and found my first completed WU was already valid. Surprised at how quick it was I clicked the box I found there was no wingman:
E224082_ 493_ K.24.C17FH8N3OSSe.01277709.3.set1d06_ 0--

Now getting curious I clicked on a bunch more that are in progress and a bunch of mine are flying solo.

I can understand a newly generated WU might not have a Siamese twin yet, but one of mine was validated alone. Is this an issue?
----------------------------------------

[Jul 29, 2014 1:00:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Yarensc
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: No Wingman?

In short, nope, not a problem.
CEP works with validation system (I believe its called it zero quorum) where after your machine has proven itself to be reliable it no longer gets wingmen, except for the occasional one to make sure you're still sending back valid results. This way the project gets more total results.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Yarensc at Jul 29, 2014 1:13:32 AM]
[Jul 29, 2014 1:11:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

I am used to finished results staying in "pending Validation" until at least one wingman also comes up with the same result. Then it is proved "valid," we get credit, and life goes on.

I recently reconnected to CEP2, was checking the status and found my first completed WU was already valid. Surprised at how quick it was I clicked the box I found there was no wingman:
E224082_ 493_ K.24.C17FH8N3OSSe.01277709.3.set1d06_ 0--

Now getting curious I clicked on a bunch more that are in progress and a bunch of mine are flying solo.

I can understand a newly generated WU might not have a Siamese twin yet, but one of mine was validated alone. Is this an issue?

This change was made over two years ago.
See this: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ead,31985_offset,0#347668

[Jul 29, 2014 1:15:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Brilliant. Thanks to both of you for the information.

[Jul 29, 2014 2:33:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread