Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1489 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Problems with Website

It seems the slow web site access is back again.. Since a few days ago and getting worser. Now it took ages to list a few threads and reply.
----------------------------------------

[Oct 1, 2014 6:25:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No problems here biggrin
[Oct 1, 2014 6:46:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PMH_UK
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

WCG is also slow for me for several days much of the time.
Thought it may be my end as some other sites slow at times too.

Paul.
Paul.
[Oct 1, 2014 7:29:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Change dns servers. You're not required to use the one of the isp, at least not here. Get good speed with googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 alternate with opendns http://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/opendns-ip-addresses/ , the two ips on right. Use google as main and opendns as secondary address, or the other way around.

Sumup: Speed is fine here.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 1, 2014 7:37:12 AM]
[Oct 1, 2014 7:34:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No problemos, but imho the front page is loading slowly since the new site launch, at least for my rural internet connection and as a user auto-deletes browser cache. Seems like all the (at the moment 5) carousel pictures load all at once. E.g. /images/slideshowImages/large/cep2Big.png alone is 382 kb. Maybe make the banner into a smaller logo as part of a fixed banner or delay loading the other pictures until the first carousel pic has finished loading? Just my 2 cents.
[Oct 1, 2014 10:15:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Completely agree. Opened a private browser session, which has no cache, and went to the wcg homepage and it's watching corn grow. The observation is that the big image comes down like a window blind, ever so slowly, then when complete instantaneously switches to the next slide. If at all, a little delay would be good as one has no time to absorb what's on the first appearing slide. This of course is the experience of all new arrivals and those that have their caches emptied on browser closure.

For the rest, the website continues to respond speedily.
[Oct 2, 2014 9:13:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Website agonizingly slow at 1520UTC. 3 minutes to login another 3 minutes to select forums..

Performance better at 1526UTC...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Doneske at Nov 3, 2014 3:31:26 PM]
[Nov 3, 2014 3:24:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I just got an unusual message when I logged into the forums.

The error message is:
The parameter "forum" is not allowed to be empty. Please try again.

It showed my login name in the upper left-hand corner, along with my points.

I click on 'Forums' in the upper right-hand corner, and I was able to get here.
[Nov 6, 2014 1:49:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Website agonizingly slow at 1520UTC. 3 minutes to login another 3 minutes to select forums..

Performance better at 1526UTC...

Had this an hour ago and applied the standard recipe to this: Logged into the router, changed the dns server ip, have a short list of 3, and saved. On next refresh the newly forced path across the internet produced quick response times again.
[Nov 10, 2014 4:22:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread