Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 38
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3992 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: [Resolved] CEP2 No work available

and I will ask about a status page when we have our next conference call.
That would be amazing~ Highly requested has been a 'dashboard' feature which would allow us to see things like that (a common feature on smaller Boinc sites). Yes please, please please, ask for that :)
----------------------------------------

[Sep 2, 2014 2:43:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The new jobs are just beginning to show up on my 4 machines (18 Ivy Bridge and 6 Haswell cores). I now have four in the buffer, but they will have to await the MCM work in front of them.
[Sep 2, 2014 7:43:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

Is there an issue again?
I'm not getting any wu on my ubuntu device since a couple of days.

[Sep 26, 2014 11:09:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I'm receiving CEP2 WUs without any problems (using Windows).

CJSL

Crunching for a better world...
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 26, 2014 11:41:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

Seems that my problem is solved :)
It was caused by ubuntu 14.04 TLS and boinc.
After adding
<alt_platform>i686-pc-linux-gnu</alt_platform>
<no_alt_platform>0</no_alt_platform>

in the options area of cc_config.xml and a boinc restart it download wu for cep2.

[Sep 29, 2014 7:03:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Is that telling your 14.04 lts is 32 bits? Found also the string x86_64-pc-linux-gnu for 64 bit. Could mean you wont get 64 bit work?

In past the hangup on pure 64 systems was that certain 32 bit linux libraries were not installed by default preventing processing/receipt of cep2. Something like ialib32, but iirc that was replaced by an other lib set.
[Sep 29, 2014 7:36:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

Could mean you wont get 64 bit work?

My amd athlon 5350 system was primary build for cep2. There exists only a 32-bit application.
And the changes I made are easy to revert for other applications.

[Sep 29, 2014 9:26:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Seems that my problem is solved :)
It was caused by ubuntu 14.04 TLS and boinc.
After adding
<alt_platform>i686-pc-linux-gnu</alt_platform>
<no_alt_platform>0</no_alt_platform>

in the options area of cc_config.xml and a boinc restart it download wu for cep2.

Still do not understand why the simple adding of the alt_platform string is enough, -without- having the (optimal?) 32 bit libraries in place, to get the cep2 32 bit run on a 64 bit ubuntu. As commented in other thread, there must then be other pieces being used to still get cep2 to compute properly in 32 bit.

The second config line is actually on reading the wiki, educational, and would help to -not- get cep2 on a 64 bit system even if it had the 32 bit libs installed, same time working as the quick switch to get 64 bit work again, if alt_platform would prevent that?

<no_alt_platform>0|1</no_alt_platform>
If enabled, the client will run applications only for its primary platform. For example, a Win64 machine will run only Win64 apps, and not Win32. List-add.pngNew in 5.9.10

What happens if there are no applications for the selected projects available and you got 'if there is no work for xyz, send something else' is, that then also cep2 would be send. Untested, but setting the no_alt_platform to 1, would tell the wcg servers, hold on, only send 64 bit to node. Going to try this on windows that mostly processes 64 bit apps, but occasionally gets a 32 bit repair, which is a waste of efficiency. Regrettably the version numbers for 32 and 64 bit are same, so it will be a case of snooping in the task manager, but certainly would not expect for cep2 to ever come through with the 'If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project.'
[Oct 7, 2014 7:39:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread