Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 653 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
10th BOINC Workshop

The 10th BOINC Workshop will be held 29 Sept - 2 Oct at the SZTAKI Institute in Budapest.

Once again it's for researchers, scientists and developers and despite it's aim being to stimulate new developments and activities related to volunteer computing No input from volunteers required. sad

How's your Hungarian Keith? Will you be taking the party hat or are you going for the goulash? wink
----------------------------------------

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Aug 14, 2014 6:53:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Re: 10th BOINC Workshop

My name on that list is tentative, it has not been written in stone. I speak absolutely zero Hungarian. The party hat was not mine but a silly photo prop at a wedding. If I do attend, I will be trying the goulash.

As you can see on that page, there are various technical aspects of the BOINC agent that will be discussed and worked on during this time. In the past a few volunteers attended the conference. I got the extreme pleasure to meet Crystal Pellet when the conference was in Hannover Germany (if my internal memory serves me correctly).

Jonnieb, I'm assuming you're in the UK and not in Budapest?

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Aug 14, 2014 7:12:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

My name on that list is tentative, it has not been written in stone. I speak absolutely zero Hungarian. The party hat was not mine but a silly photo prop at a wedding. If I do attend, I will be trying the goulash.

As you can see on that page, there are various technical aspects of the BOINC agent that will be discussed and worked on during this time. In the past a few volunteers attended the conference. I got the extreme pleasure to meet Crystal Pellet when the conference was in Hannover Germany (if my internal memory serves me correctly).

Thanks,
-Uplinger

[OT]If you are a gourmet and/or #winelover Uplinger, don't miss an opportunity to pay a visit to Hungary, not only because of goulash and/or Tokay drooling [/OT]

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Edit 1 times, last edit by branjo at Aug 14, 2014 8:10:00 PM]
[Aug 14, 2014 8:09:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Yes approx 970miles (1500km) away

[Aug 14, 2014 8:11:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

The conference has now concluded.

Details of the topics discussed are here

Hopefully, as in previous years, video of the various presentations will be available shortly.

Of possible interest to WCG Members in general are the slides used in two of the presentations:

David Anderson: A Brief History of BOINC

Joachim Frtizsch: BOINC/Android status and plans

(pdf downloads)

[Oct 3, 2014 11:28:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Looked back into prior workshop summaries and always see there to be one or two wcg slide series and or videos included. None this time. Hard to believe, speculation hat on, was there project info in there which caused this to go under embargo? Maybe the answer is in the attendees list. If that was updated, no wcg reps were present?

The other presentation of interest i thought was this one on european grid integration: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/WorkShop14/kacsuk.pdf
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 5, 2014 9:56:01 AM]
[Oct 5, 2014 9:43:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread