Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 705 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ginormous WUs?

I currently have 4 CEP2 WUs (the only ones in my queue) which are stating to be 35 hours in size (for example, one of them is currently showing 5:42 hrs "Elapsed" and 24:55 hrs "Remaining") shock .

- Is it normal for the these new CEP2 WUs to have such a big "Remaining" time? I seem to remember there is an 18 hour crunch limit.

I hope these WUs will eventually sort themselves out and end without error. I keep you posted what happens.

Thanks,
CJSL

Crunching for a better world...
----------------------------------------
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 5, 2014 11:35:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Ginormous WUs?

Hi cjslman, it sounds as though your computer's BOINC guestimates of how long these WU's will take is way out. Rest assured that, after 18 hours of CPU time, these WU's will finish.

[Sep 5, 2014 12:39:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Thanks gb009761 for the response. This seems to be a new chapter in the CEP2 adventure... So long as the WUs finish without errors and provide the needed results to the project/scientists, that's what is important.

CJSL

Crunching for a brighter future...
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 5, 2014 12:55:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fragiggle
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Mine used to be at around 2.5 hrs to 4 hrs to complete, now each one is around 10-11 hours. Glad to see someone else with this too, I first thought it was my computer.
[Sep 5, 2014 11:58:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I'm happy to report that the WUs have finished successfully (valid). They took 18-15 hrs to finish. Since then I have finished some more CEP2 WUs and some of those only took 2.5 hours. So it seems that the crunch time for CEP2 is all over the place biggrin. Good news that they are valid and not erroring out.

CJSL

Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 6, 2014 12:35:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I'm happy to report that the WUs have finished successfully (valid). They took 18-15 hrs to finish. Since then I have finished some more CEP2 WUs and some of those only took 2.5 hours. So it seems that the crunch time for CEP2 is all over the place biggrin. Good news that they are valid and not erroring out.

CJSL

Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 6, 2014 12:36:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread