Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 50
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3843 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Second chance for CEP2

Mamajuanauk, glad to hear that things are ramping up okay for you - long may that continue biggrin
----------------------------------------

[Oct 7, 2014 3:27:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Mamajuanauk, glad to hear that things are ramping up okay for you - long may that continue biggrin
Many thanks, the other 2 active projects have both got 50 years each, this one with all the issues has not even made it to 20 yet!

Still let's hope this new boost helps... Time will tell, but then there's the new project on the cards soon too! Oh what fun!
Mamajuanauk is the Name! Crunching is the Game!

[Oct 7, 2014 5:22:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

60 RTdays yesterday, I think the beta's have reduced the CEP2 total somewhat though...

[Oct 8, 2014 10:24:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Thanks for the information. I envy you in the fact that you can get beta tasks. I guess that is just the luck of the draw. I would be interested in watching all the tasks uploading back to the server it must be quite a sight. I will assume many more days of happy crunching

[Oct 8, 2014 8:00:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Thanks for the information. I envy you in the fact that you can get beta tasks. I guess that is just the luck of the draw. I would be interested in watching all the tasks uploading back to the server it must be quite a sight. I will assume many more days of happy crunching
The key to getting beta tasks is to heve the pc's online when the betas are released. the best way to get them is to be online 24/7 and actively working on wu's so Boinc connects regularly...

Uploading loads of tasks doesn't happen very often as they upload as they complete.

[Oct 8, 2014 8:04:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

I bet the amount of data that you use per month is quite impressive. Now that I come to think of it unless you got 2 or 3 tasks completing the same time it would look quite normal. Sometimes when I am running these units I disable network activity just so I can see what the size of the upload files are. Last time I did this the biggest ones were around 9 MB I think the run-time was around 4 or 5 hours. This was a week or so ago

[Oct 8, 2014 8:21:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

I bet the amount of data that you use per month is quite impressive. Now that I come to think of it unless you got 2 or 3 tasks completing the same time it would look quite normal. Sometimes when I am running these units I disable network activity just so I can see what the size of the upload files are. Last time I did this the biggest ones were around 9 MB I think the run-time was around 4 or 5 hours. This was a week or so ago
Last month my download was 180Gb, although we do download films too. In the last week I've uploaded 32Gb...

[Oct 8, 2014 8:57:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Last month my download was 180Gb, although we do download films too. In the last week I've uploaded 32Gb...

The amount you downloaded last month is almost our monthly data cap. That is quite a lot of data to load in a week. Out of complete interest what is your upload speed to the CEP 2 server. Mine is around 89 kB a second

[Oct 8, 2014 11:46:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

The amount you downloaded last month is almost our monthly data cap. That is quite a lot of data to load in a week. Out of complete interest what is your upload speed to the CEP 2 server. Mine is around 89 kB a second
No idea, I don't look that closely, I will have a look in the next couple of days, but I expect it's good as some of my machines are in a DC and some at home amongst other places. My home connection is 120Mb/12Mb so good transfer speeds are likely...

[Oct 9, 2014 7:22:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Very nice indeed. Thanks for all the info

[Oct 9, 2014 7:48:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread