Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 689 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
when I turn on notebook CPE phase2 it start at 0%

when I turn on notebook why CPE phase2 it start at 0% all time.another project is not start at 0%
[Oct 2, 2014 8:01:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: when I turn on notebook CPE phase2 it start at 0%

Because CEP has long checkpoint times. Only run this project if you machine is on 24/7. wink
[Oct 2, 2014 8:07:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Don't switch off notebook, hibernate or sleep, which stores intermediate progress to disk or keeps it in memory. Notebooks have a configuration you can set to do this automatically when closing lid.

The reason cep2 returns to zero is because it has very long job intervals before it saves progress. In between is prohibitive because the job would constantly save 1-2 gigabyte to storage causing you to have a hiccup experience while using. This project is really targeted at devices that are on large parts or all day, desktops, but if you use the hibernate/sleep functionality, no reason to not run these. One at the time is recommended for notes.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 2, 2014 8:13:48 AM]
[Oct 2, 2014 8:10:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vlado101
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi chiranthanin,

I had a similar issue a while back and what I had to do I had to go to advance view of BOINC/WCG. (View > Advance View)

I then had to click on Tools > Computing Preference > Disk and Memory Usage tab> then select "Leave application in memory while suspended.

After I did that the progress for tasks was not lost even if I hibernated my computer.

Let me know if that fix works for you.

[Oct 2, 2014 2:56:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Laim, 'leave application in memory when suspended' on or off, is completely irrelevant to the resuming of the task after hibernation or sleep from where it left off. Hibernation and sleep simply write a copy of memory/ram+vm to storage respectively keeps the memory under power, so the computer basically continues where it was after powering up again. Personally do not favor sleep as when there is a power blip you loose what was in memory.

Laim is relevant to interrupting a task so that another can compute, such as the agent may do autonomously during prioritization conflicts. This function is recommended for the cep project as standard to be switched on. This will -not- protect against power off / boot cycles. Then the task will always skip back to the last checkpoint save the program has made.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 2, 2014 3:27:22 PM]
[Oct 2, 2014 3:24:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread