Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 690 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Large work units

Is a 60 hour work unit right? It seems rather large?
[Nov 8, 2014 7:56:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Large work units

Agents just get confused with cep2, and other sciences too. No matter what, cep2 runs a maximum of 18 hours after which they're cut off.
[Nov 8, 2014 8:05:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
imakuni
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Also... I think there is a problem checkpoints. I went away from the computer for about 30-40ish minutes, and it was crunching during that time. When I got back, I needed to restart PC for updates. I paused boinc, waited a bit, close it, waited a little bit more, and restarted.

After restarting pc BANG!!! start at 0.0%
----------------------------------------

Want to have an image of yourself like this on? Check this thread: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29840
[Nov 9, 2014 11:00:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi

This is a known behavior of CEP2 checkpointing - since it is tied to the quantum code we use, and due to the fact that checkpointing only occurs after each job completes, the first job can take a long time to checkpoint. Thus when you restart after 30 mins it may not have reached its first checkpoint. There are discussions on the forum about different ways to get around this, and I am myself trying to work out a way to improve this behavior but at the moment this is to be expected - sorry.

Your Harvard CEP Team
[Nov 10, 2014 1:02:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread