Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 765 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
slundahl
Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Frequent crashes on Clean Energy Project lately

I haven't had problems with tasks crashing for years but now I'm getting fairly frequent crashes (perhaps once a day or every couple of days). Error says: wcgrid_cep2_qchem_prod_win32.exe.7.00 has stopped working

I participate in all projects but this is the only one that is crashing.

Has anyone else been having problems with this one lately? Anything I can do to help someone debug it?
[Nov 17, 2014 10:35:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Frequent crashes on Clean Energy Project lately

Do you run an antivirus? Try disabling it for awhile (exceptions don't always work). Also, check to see if you have any "insufficient disk space" messages in the log, which you can see in the BOINC manager "Advanced/Event Log", or an easier way is the "Messages" screen in BoincTasks, if you use that.

I have three Ivy Bridge machines on CEP2 (Win7 64-bit, BOINC 7.4.26 x64), and have not seen any problems for some time.
[Nov 19, 2014 3:25:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slundahl
Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Thanks Jim. I don't see any errors in the log. It's a corporate laptop that I'm having problems on so I can't disable the antivirus. I downloaded the latest version of BOINC and that process is still crashing a few times per day. Is that process specific to a particular WCG project or a common program used by all?
[Dec 5, 2014 3:06:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svincent
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

It's been working fine for me: haven't had an error result for along time. Boinc 7.2.42 : Ubuntu 14.04
[Dec 5, 2014 7:39:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Is that process specific to a particular WCG project or a common program used by all?

The "wcgrid_cep2_qchem_prod_win32.exe.7.00" process is only for CEP2. You could easily have a problem on one project and not another. Can you install BOINC as a service? That helps to avoid problems by limiting the interaction of the BOINC projects with other applications on your machine, and I use it myself when possible, though it does not allow the use of GPU cards for BOINC.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jim1348 at Dec 6, 2014 6:32:37 PM]
[Dec 6, 2014 6:29:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread